Who owns a Dolby Atmos receiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns a Dolby Atmos receiver?

I am now looking at buying one, I own at least 7 titles that support Atmos with plenty more titles to come.
    The latest purchase was Wonder Woman

I currently own an Onkyo 7.1, while I really like the customization, I feel it's old now and would like something new, perhaps a newer Onkyo?
    Don't want to spend a lot, would like a 7.1.2 or 7.1.4, I would also have to buy ceiling speakers and run cable across to the wall and down which is going to be a nightmare.

So any recommendations or advice you have would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Sorry... I'm still using my old Marantz with 5.1... biggest problem in my situation is that the seating position is against a wall, so that limits possibilities for the surround rear channel to go to 7.1 (and in case of Atmos, it also limits the top rear). I would have space for top front and top rear, even without much issues in cabling... Perhaps something to plan on the next renovation. But I would have to get my girlfriend to agree to it...

Perhaps a strange question: if I understand correctly, Dolby Atmos has all audio tracks encoded separately, and it is the task of the receiver to mix it ideally into the available sound channels... yes? But that makes comparing even more difficult, as different receivers may use different mixing algorithms for the same speaker layout...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
    X