Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StarLink v1.0 Launch 12

SpaceX @SpaceX
    Targeting September 17 at 2:19 p.m. EDT for Falcon 9 launch of 60 Starlink satellites from Launch Complex 39A

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Musk says they will spin-off StarLink but only after a few years.

Also, SpaceX is allowing Washington state first responders to use StarLink...

WA Emergency Management @waEMD
      Sep 28, 2020
      Happy to have the support of @SpaceX’s Starlink internet as emergency responders look to help residents rebuild the town of Malden, WA that was overcome by wildfires earlier this month. #wawildfire
      |
      Elon Musk@elonmusk
      Glad SpaceX could help! We are prioritizing emergency responders & locations with no Internet connectivity at all.
      |
      VM @vm_one1
      Sep 28, 2020
      Replying to @elonmusk @waEMD and @SpaceX
      Can you please go ipo with it and somehow let retail investors in early? Retail always gets the tail end of ipos.
      |
      Elon Musk @elonmusk
      We will probably IPO Starlink, but only several years in the future when revenue growth is smooth & predictable. Public market does *not* like erratic cash flow haha. I’m a huge fan of small retail investors. Will make sure they get top priority. You can hold me to it.
      |
      Elon Musk @elonmusk
      Sep 28, 2020
      Replying to @waEMD and @SpaceX
      Glad SpaceX could help! We are prioritizing emergency responders & locations with no Internet connectivity at all.
      |
      KHQ Local News @KHQLocalNews
      Elon- Any interest in a quick interview with a local news station about how this technology could be a game-changer after disasters?

Thread
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Starlink 12 now live

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Abort - reset to T-15;00

Out of family ground sensor*

Scrub
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

StarLink early speed test. More birds + laser links will make it available worldwide, faster and with lower latency.

IMG_20201002_182857.jpg

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

StarLink 13 in the books.

This is >800 satellites, enough for the public beta.

Gateways being installed in Australia & New Zealand, Canada's CRTC has issued StarLink a BITS license good to 2030.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Oh, my...

Microsoft partners with SpaceX to connect Azure cloud to Musk's Starlink satellite internet

KEY POINTS

• Microsoft is partnering with SpaceX to connect the Azure cloud computing network to the growing Starlink satellite internet service offered by Elon Musk's company.

• The partnership comes as Microsoft expands into the space industry, with the company a few weeks ago unveiling a new service called Azure Orbital to connect satellites directly to the cloud.

• Azure Space and the new partnership sets up Microsoft and SpaceX to compete further with Jeff Bezos' businesses Amazon and Blue Origin, which have announced plans for similar satellite services and more.
                >
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Starlink US pricing,

After the FCC rural subsidy auction, and assuming SpaceX gets funding, covered customer's costs should be lower.

And if those revenue estimates hold up, SpaceX will have 50% more income than NASA has budget.

SpaceX’s Starlink satellite internet service is priced at $99 per month, according to e-mail

SpaceX is expanding the beta test of its Starlink satellite internet service, reaching out via email on Monday to people who expressed interest in signing up for the service.

Known as the “Better Than Nothing Beta” test, according to multiple screenshots of the email seen by CNBC, initial Starlink service is priced at $99 a month – plus a $499 upfront cost to order the Starlink Kit. That kit includes a user terminal to connect to the satellites, a mounting tripod and a wifi router. There is also now a Starlink app listed by SpaceX on the Google Play and Apple iOS app stores.
                  >
                  ...Elon Musk’s company posted that form in June and, less than two months later, SpaceX said that “nearly 700,000 individuals” across the United States had indicated interest in the service.
                  >
                  ...The network is an ambitious endeavor, which SpaceX has said will cost about $10 billion or more to build. But the company’s leadership estimate that Starlink could bring in as much as $30 billion a year, or more than 10 times the annual revenue of its rocket business.
                  >
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

SpaceX just filed papers with the FCC,

...SpaceX seeks experimental authority for operation of one user terminal aboard each of up to five private jets while they are (1) on the ground at an airport, and (2) in flight over the United States (including its territories and territorial waters). Such authority would enable SpaceX to obtain critical data regarding the operational performance of its user terminals and the SpaceX NGSO system more broadly...
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

• StarLink 15

Date: November 23, 2020
                      Time: 2134 Eastern (0234 UT)
                      Booster: B1049.7 (7th flight)

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

• StarLink 15

SCRUB: weather in the recovery zone.

Date: November 24, 2020
                        Time: 2113pm Eastrrn (0213 UT)
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

• Textbook mission, with recovery #7 for Falcon 9 booster B1049.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

• The 10 Starlink satellites going uphill with the Transporter-1 mission (SpaceX's Rideshare bulk launch service) will be placed in polar orbit, testing high latitude coverage. There's a gateway at Prudhoe Bay, Alaska (~70.227° N), and rumors of tests aboard US (and Canadian?) military aircraft over the pole(s). Not to mention how high latitude communities could benefit.

Sounding like StarLink really will be like a permit to print money.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

• StarLink 19 tonight

Date: Feb 14
                              Time: 2320 Eastern

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

• Weather scrub last night.

Tonight Feb 15, 2259 Eastern

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                                X