SpaceX 'StarLink' satellite service [Starlink & Starshield at war]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@SpaceX
    Weather is 50% favorable for tomorrow’s launch of 60 Starlink satellites at 9:49 a.m. EST, 14:49 UTC. Webcast will go live ~15 minutes before liftoff →

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

StarLink 3 webcast

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

SpaceX @SpaceX
        Now targeting Wednesday, January 29 at 9:06 a.m., 14:06 UTC, for launch of Starlink due to poor weather in the recovery area
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Starlink V1.0 Launch #4

60 StarLink v1.0 commsats

Date: February 15, 2020
          Time: 1046 Eastern (1546 UTC)

Booster: 1056.4 (CRS-17 & 18, Kacific-1)
          Booster recovery: ASDS Of Course I Still Love You
          Fairing recovery: Ms. Tree and Ms. Chief

What was that about booster reuse never paying for itself?

Also,

Bloomberg reports StarLink will be spun off in an IPO. May be a while, likely after the v1.0 LEO constellation is deployed.

Bloomberg...
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Starlink Launch 4 static fire good.

Launch delayed due to recovery zone weather. New T-0,

Date: Feb 16 (Sunday)
            Time: 1025 Eastern (1525 UTC)
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Doc are you also putting your IRA into SPCE and TSLA?

Comment

Already have some TSLA, but SpaceX is privately held with funds holding some stock sold by employees at scheduled sales. Google & Fidelity hold some, as well as the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.

Starlink may be spun off in an IPO after the LEO portion is completed.

WRT StarLink 4

Date: Monday Feb 17
                Time: 1003 Eastern (1503 UTC)

@SpaceX
                Standing down from tomorrow’s Starlink launch; team is taking a closer look at a second stage valve component. Now targeting Monday, February 17.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 February 2020, 20:12.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Starlink Launch

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

USAF and USSF could be major Starlink profit centers, and a bit of regulatory grease.

Gen. John Raymond is Chief of Space Operations, US Space Force

Michael Sheetz ✓ @thesheetztweetz (CNBC)
                    Dr. Will Roper, the head of U.S. Air Force acquisitions, says the branch will have a "massive" demonstration event on April 8 that will include testing applications of SpaceX's #Starlink satellites to "a greater degree," connecting to platforms both in the air and on land.
                    |
                    The Air Force already tested Starlink satellites by linking them to military aircraft in flight, reporting early favorable results.

Gen. John Raymond has notably visited SpaceX's Starlink factory in Redmond, WA.
                    https://t.co/KGM6S8aP10
                    |
                    "SpaceX has been a great industry partner for us," Roper told reporters on Friday.

"They are very excited, and we are excited to learn more about their satellites through the demonstration."
                    https://t.co/Nu9izYQPF9

https://twitter.com/thesheetztweetz/...67235223736320
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 February 2020, 11:35.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Starlink 5 update

Date: March 11, 2020
                      Time: 1040 Eastern (1540 UT)
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The Air Force And SpaceX Are Teaming Up For A 'Massive' Live Fire Exercise

The exercise will involve SpaceX Starlink satellites, a variety of military assets, and a new command and control system working together

s space continues to play an increasingly important role for the United States armed forces, the Department of Defense has been also increasingly engaging with the private aerospace and communications sector to develop and implement solutions that better help it confront emerging warfighting challenges. Just last week, Air Force acquisition chief William Roper told reporters at the Pentagon that the Air Force and SpaceX will conduct an event on April 8, together with other branches of the U.S. military, that will see SpaceX Starlink satellites link up with multiple armed forces systems in a “massive” live fire exercise.

"SpaceX has been a great industry partner for us," Roper said. "They are very excited and we are excited to learn more about their satellites through the demonstration."

The demonstration will reportedly involve shooting down a drone and a cruise missile and will take place at several different sites including Marine Corps Air Station Yuma in Arizona to Eglin Air Force Base in Florida. The massive tests will also include ground forces, submarines, ships, and a variety of space-based assets.
                        >
                        >
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Starlink v1.0 launch 5 update

Pad: LC-39A
                          Date: March14
                          Time: 0935 Eastern
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Yesterday's StarLink launch was aborted at T-0 due to an "out of family" fault; one engine's thrust was too high.

New date: March 18
                            New time: 0816 Eastern (1216 UT)

This launch will be the 5th use of core B1048 (now designated B1048.5), and the second use of the payload fairings (1st use: StarLink v0.9 launch). The only "new" items will be the satellites and the upper stage.

In another note;

SpaceX is no longer offering Falcon 9 Expendable for US Space Force National Security Space Launch missions. Those high energy missions will move to Falcon Heavy, which can do them with recovery.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

StarLink v1 Launch 5 stream

SpaceX ✔ @SpaceX
                              Targeting Wednesday, March 18 at 8:16 a.m. EDT, 12:16 UTC, for Falcon 9's launch of Starlink from LC-39A in Florida

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The DoD in general and particularly the USAF, Army and Space Force are interested in Starlink and the Starship vehicle.

U.S. Army signs deal with SpaceX to assess Starlink broadband

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Army will experiment using Starlink broadband to move data across military networks. An agreement signed with SpaceX on May 20 gives the Army three years to test out the service.

The Army and SpaceX signed a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement known as a CRADA, an Army source told SpaceNews.

The project will be overseen by the Combat Capabilities Development Command’s C5ISR Center based at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.

CRADAs are commonly used by the military to evaluate technologies and services from the private sector before it commits to buying them.
                                >
                                According to the Army source, the three-year agreement will “allow the Army to understand potential applications of state-of-the art advancements in commercial RF SATCOM such as the new Starlink LEO constellation and modern SATCOM terminal developments capable of tracking LEO satellites.”

The deal with SpaceX follows other CRADAs the Army has signed with companies like Kratos and SES to assess the use of commercial SATCOM.

Joseph Welch, deputy program executive officer for command, control, communications tactical (C3T), said the Army is trying to fill a growing demand for connectivity in the field.
                                >
                                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                                X