X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlink exits beta testing in October

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

• Elon Musk ✓ @elonmusk
      Should be nationwide [US] rollout by end of month. Note, still limited by peak number of users in same area.

This will improve as more satellites are launched.
      |
      Starlink is designed for low to medium population density, which means we can hit max users in some areas fast.

Please sign up early to ensure a spot. As more satellites roll out, SpaceX will be able to serve more.
      |
      Yes, we are talking to airlines about installing Starlink. Please let them know if you want it on your airliner.

Low latency ~half gigabit connectivity in the air!

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

• Starlink Gen 2 starts launches December 28th with $tarlink 5-1. Nearly an order of magnitude greater bandwidth, much larger satellites, more capabilities.

SpaceX preparing to start Starlink Gen2 launches this month

TAMPA, Fla. — SpaceX could start launching second-generation Starlink satellites in the coming weeks to add more capacity to its increasingly congested broadband network.
        >
        Starlink has more than one million “active subscribers,” SpaceX tweeted Dec. 19, up from 250,000 the company said it had in March.
        >
        SpaceX has plans to use Falcon 9 rockets and its upcoming Starship heavy-launch vehicle to deploy Gen2.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

• Very cool stuff, Starlink and SpaceX are cooler companies than tesla. A friend who live in rural area nearby has Starlink and it works really well. Now the signal goes through Satellite to base in Germany and then over cable under Atlantic to USA but once satellite network is complete it will travel across satellites to USA and do only the last mile there over cable.

Comment

• The US National Science Foundation is using Starlink at the McMurdo station in Antarctica. The data goes up from a base station, hops from one satellite to another usimg laser links, then comes down to the user terminals at McMurdo or even at remote locations using battery power.

Starlink, and its military version Starshield, changing warfare.

Not in this article, but Ukraine has come up with an app they use to coordinate information locating targets and send their position to the nearest weapons system for targeting. Uber for Artillery.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 24 January 2023, 01:27.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
            X