No announcement yet.

i5-3570K + Sapphire Vega64 w/EK waterblock Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Man's Sky - I just went into Creators Mode, and wandered around a bit, which is basically all I've done in NMS so far its an OpenGL game. (I've done a LOT more in fact )

Last edited by Evildead666; 5 September 2017, 16:13.
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Star Citizen - It looks like there is a problem with the latest driver and Vega, or there is an FPS lock that tries to sync to 30fps... I don't know.

PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

Comment

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat

I still have to bench this on Vega

Comment

Skyrim Special Edition -will do again without Vsync at some point.

Last edited by Evildead666; 5 September 2017, 02:59.

Comment

I have the Vega Liquid Edition BIOS, and am seriously contemplating flashing it to my card, just for the extra Power Budget.
            I'll of course update the charts, with Vega64-OC values when I have it at something stable.

Comment

The sudden big drops in Skyrim are surprising... Almost like something else is going on: it manages nicely for a longer amount of time and then suddenly does not manage at all. Is it related to some scene changes or to some other processes on the pc?

I would love to add a storage server to my system. Currently, I have a htpc which doubles as storage (was the cheapest option), but it makes a bit of noise (not too much as it powers down disks when not needed). I would love to add a videocard for some basic gaming to the system, but the case has a length limitation of 245mm for expansion cards, unless I remove the harddisk cage (resulting in possible 345mm). There are shorter cards, but I'm afraid they would be more noisy (there are even short 1080 cards!). So the argument for a storage server is actually twofold: remove the disks from the htpc and allow for a bigger card in the htpc. Ideally, I would love to move the storage to a different room (where my switch is), and even move my tv tuner to that one that it serves as tv server. Then I could keep only SSD disks in the htpc and add a videocard to it for a bit of gaming.

It will be something to do upon my return to Warsaw, more than a year from now... So things will change in the video card market but I love planning some things already and seeing what is there. Watercooling is not really in option in the htpc case.
              Last edited by VJ; 5 September 2017, 05:32.
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

You could look into an Aquatia 5Gbps network card or two ?
                Having a direct link between the HTPC and the storage PC would give you plenty of bandwidth.
                They are 100€ each roughly now, but might be a bit cheaper in a year.

As for Skyrim, I was playing for almost 10x the time on the 290, so there are a lot more dips. isuspect that is when i did some "quick travelling" or entered a house or dungeon.
                I can't put all of them down to that though.
                It was very very fluid though.

Comment

Bandwith between storage and htpc should not be an issue, I have 2 cat6 cables in the wall, and my switch is a pro dlink with supports teaming. So if necessary I could add a second network card and use the Intel software that supports teaming , but I think 1GBps suffices. Main issue is the justification for the build: it works ok as it is now... it would be slightly more silent but all in all it would not change that much. I just think I could manage my data better rather than have scattered a bit everywhere. The videocard aspect in the htpc is a second argument for it, but even that is not strictly needed (I could just put a short card). So it is more this balance of what I want to do and what is necessary... And of course justifying the cost of a new build for all that..

Back on the benchmarks: I suspect the graphs present it a big worse than it is, as you say it ran very fluid. Nice! :-)
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

FireStrike Vega64 OVERCLOCKED 17.8.2 Driver (NOT the Liquid BIOS yet )

TimeSpy Vega64 OVERCLOCKED

TimeSpy Settings

Comment

Working...
                    X