Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix acquires Millarworld Comics

Who?

Mark Millar's Millarworld is the home of Kingsman, Wanted, the upcoming Fox film Superior, Kick-Ass, Hit-Girl and many other interesting properties.

Miller spent years at Marvel developing Logan, Civil War and other series, and his team includes DC alumni.

The goal is TV and film production.

Ex:

Reborn: where do you go when you die? Not Heaven or Hell, but a place where you have to fight to survive and people from the past are waiting for you.

Starlight: Mark McQueen was the hero that saved the universe. He came home and had a family. In time his wife died, the kids moved away and he turned grey. Then comes a call from a distant world asking him to return for his final adventure.

Chosen: follows a 12 year-old boy who discovers he's the reincarnation of Jesus of Nazareth. How does he deal with his destiny; leading the world in a conflict thousands of years in the making?

Empress: follows the empress of an evil galactic dictator who decides take her 3 kids and return to her homeworld where she was queen: Earth, 65 million years ago.

and others.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 August 2017, 01:47.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

This comes on the tail of Disney announcing their own streaming service, plus an ESPN streaming service, launching in 2019. Netflix likely bought out Millarworld to add Marvel TV show replacements, which has probably been a pretty steady source of income for them.

"With this strategic shift, Disney will end its distribution agreement with Netflix for subscription streaming of new releases, beginning with the 2019 calendar year theatrical slate.
    Plans are for the Disney and ESPN streaming services to be available for purchase directly from Disney and ESPN, in app stores, and from authorized MVPDs."
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'd expect the Disney service to be offered as an add-on to HULU, which Disney has a piece of via the HULU joint venture; Disney/ABC, 21st Century Fox, Comcast/NBCUniversal and Time-Warner. Similar to how HULU carries HBO, Showtime and their basic cable/TV packages.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 August 2017, 19:17.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X