Where is everyone...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VJ View Post
    Well... I did not mean physically... but just... it got very quiet here... ok, it is summer but still...
    Apart from Doc updating us on space stuff, not much is happening...
    Yeah well, no one discusses politics here anymore and tech wise not a lot is happening IMHO. I have been lurking at Breitbart for a while. The "news" site is pretty biased but, boy, are the commenters over there wacko!
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I will keep updating on the Poland situation, but at the moment it is very quiet... Probably a combination of summer and other things happening in the world...

Well, I've finished my summer holidays and am back at work... Now I'm planning to join a flying club here (which also has a fitness, which is not a bad thing ) and look for Spanish lessons...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I don't follow Breitbart actively. It is for the normies that have just started to become redpilled and too US-centric. For the bulk news (what happened), I follow BBC which is also 2nd most trusted in USA after the Economist. I also follow some Russian media, also RT though they have agenda and different editorial politics than mainstream Russian media and Slovenian national TV and one liberal (think Euro liberal parties, not US Democrats) economy newspaper. I also follow ZeroHedge as reasons for what is happening are based on economy. I also follow some Youtube channels for analysis.

EDIT since Umfriend cannot accept PMs I'm linking what's wrong wiht Breitbart here. Since Bannon and Milo have left, Breitbart has become dry.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Generally most media is biased and has an agenda. For example during the latest standoff in Israel over metal detectors at the Mound it wasn't reported in the mainstream media that Jews, Christians and tourists who enter from one side must all go through metal detectors and security for Muslims is operated by Palestinians on the other side and they don't have metal detectors. After two guards being killed, the Muslims also had to go through metal detectors (operated by Palestinians) like everyone else, they freaked out. I only discovered this by my own research and checking with TransformX. To me it would be reasonable that anyone who goes up, goes through metal detector.

Sorry for going a bit OT, we can have political discussions in Political forum.
        Last edited by UtwigMU; 14 August 2017, 14:26.

Comment

Tag, you're it.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Tag

Originally posted by MultimediaMan View Post

Yes, but I'm only in the garage...

M^3
            CR-10 S4m.jpg

Similar problem here, what a good problem to have

A new Creality TM3D CR-10 S4 running Cura/Octoprint, webcam and Printoid on my Note 4. It's my latest toy
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Dont know why its rotated sideways, that is not the photos orientation, hmmm wierd
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Busy looking after my daughter - didn't realise how much energy they have at 6 months wake up - commute - work - commute - take over from Grandma and Wifey until the baby goes to sleep

Finally upgraded my phone from Sony Xperia Z2 to XZ Premium so MURC forums was gone from my Chrome pages :/
                Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by Belwarrior View Post
                  Busy looking after my daughter - didn't realise how much energy they have at 6 months wake up - commute - work - commute - take over from Grandma and Wifey until the baby goes to sleep
                  Yeah... but just 210 months to go...
                  pixar

Comment

Originally posted by vj View Post
                    yeah... But just 210 months to go...
                    :d :d
                    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

My daughter wasn't a year old when I first joined. Now she's sophomore at the University of Arkansas. :/
                      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Our youngest is in college, we have a grandson who's an Honors student on his way to being a pathologist (his dream), 2 successful grown kids with families and one black sheep. Guess we beat the odds.
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

It is strange how I have the feeling that not much has changed for me in all that time... even though a lot has happened (university, phd, moving abroad, buying a flat) and I did so many things (pilot license, diving)... And still it seems that all is more or less the same as back then...

Perhaps because I don't have children?
                          pixar

Comment

Children change things, no doubt about it! Then there's the joy of grandkids, which you get to spoil rotten then send home
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm in the land of guns and Moses
                              Attached Files

Comment

Still in the GTA, Canada. I guess it has been a while since I logged in
                                We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Working...
                                X