X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay, we're back, thanks Sasq

Sasq, thank you for running MURC!

Yay!! Thanks so much Sasq!

Strange how a few days of being unable to reach murc affects me.. Even though I do not visit daily, but not being able to visit just makes me feel I lost something...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

What they said. Many thanks!
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Dreamhost keeps upgrading php, I keep having to tweak things to get this old version of vbb to work with newer php's

It's either a new vbb or move to a small aws host or maybe both.
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

W007!
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Still getting the "unsafe" message from Opera when I access this site..
            paulw

Comment

Originally posted by paulw View Post
              Still getting the "unsafe" message from Opera when I access this site..
              Tried clearing the cache and reload the page again (or close the tab and reload) I had a smiliar problem - I just cleared my history, closed all MURC pages and re-login - okay

I think all of us will be having withdrawal symptoms if we cannot access MURC forum
              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Thanks Sasq, I was getting anxious!
                FT.

Comment

SASQ, how big is the site and db?

Comment

good question don't know.

Though on the up side, it appears my vbb account was just transiently broken last i logged in.
                    I did actually pay for vbb5, which gives me access to this vbb4 (vbb5 is a strange beast, so lets not go there) - so we are actually ok for upgrades for now.
                    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I can set you up on an Azure VM for free. I have plenty of MSDN cap available for a VM.
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Belwarrior View Post
                        Tried clearing the cache and reload the page again (or close the tab and reload) I had a smiliar problem - I just cleared my history, closed all MURC pages and re-login - okay

I think all of us will be having withdrawal symptoms if we cannot access MURC forum
                        Tried that . Still the same. Only happens with Opera.
                        paulw

Comment

Working...
                        X