In Spain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Spain...

Well, I started a new chapter: a post-doc position for two years in Spain...

First week was quite calm, as we need to wait for some administration, but second week came in full force: numerous walks to various locations just to settle simply administration. But it looks like it is all coming to an end, with tomorrow (Monday) the last things. And then the work can start!

So far, I have not been able to visit the city much, as I was settling in: finding an apartment and buying the bare necessities I did not fit in the suitcase. All in all it went quite fast, I found an apartment after one week and it is not bad. Small but at a decent price, in a new building and with furniture and basic utensils.

One thing though: my brain has to get used to the fact that there are few horizontal lines. There are a lot of relief distances, and my mind played this optical illusion on my when my monitor was slightly rotated on my desk, and my mind gave the impression that the desk was not level. But such impressions are getting less already.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Hola amigo, disfruta de España!
    FT.

Comment

Still no pics
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by umfriend View Post
        still no pics :d
        lol!
        FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
          Still no pics
          Now 2x as many, there is a second apartment for me not to show pics of...

But I'm not planning renovations here, so I may find time to upload some. Honestly.
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Good luck with those renovations!

Comment

Working...
            X