Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcon 9 CRS-10 ISS launch Saturday (launch & landing video linked)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon 9 CRS-10 ISS launch Saturday (launch & landing video linked)

About 1000 Eastern. NASA TV and SpaceXchannel YouTube live streams, starting 1 hour and 30 minutes before T-0 respectively. 5,500 kg of cargo, including lab mice, and several experiments.

This will be their first launch from LC-39A, the pad used for Apollo 11 and the Space Shuttle.

And, SpaceX may have a visitor....

SpaceFlight Insider @SpaceflightIns
    @POTUS will be visiting Florida's Space Coast Saturday, Feb. 18, the same day @SpaceX makes its first launch from historic Pad 39A. #CRS10
    2:23 PM - 16 Feb 2017

Wonder if @POTUS will be Elons guest for the launch? Musk is on at least two White House advisory councils; strategic and manufacturing.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

SpaceX YouTube webcasts

Hosted
      SpaceX is targeting a late morning launch of its tenth Commercial Resupply Services mission (CRS-10) from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space...

Technical
      This is the technical and will only include shots of the rocket along with countdown net audio. For the full webcast check out our Hosted edition.SpaceX is t...
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

New webcast links for the 1 day delay

Hosted webcast:
        SpaceX is targeting a late morning launch of its tenth Commercial Resupply Services mission (CRS-10) from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space...

Technical webcast:
        This is the technical webcast and will only show shots of the rocket with the countdown net audio. For our full webcast check out the Hosted edition.SpaceX i...
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Amazing...
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

And they plan to land both Falcon Heavy boosters simultaneously, with the core landing on ASDS Of Course I Still love You.

This mission was the first to use a full Autonomous Flight Termination System at KSC. It had flown on Atlas V and Delta IV previously in shadow mode for tests, but SpaceX got the debut mission. AFTS tracks itself, no radars, and self destructs the rocket if it fails or presents a danger. No dude on a big red button.

This is necessary to smooth range operations as it moves to FAA like Spaceport operations with simultaneous outgoing and returning launchers and space vehicles.

Vandenberg AFB is also moving in this direction, and SpaceX's private Commercial SpacePort near Brownsville Texas will also be automated.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
              X