MURC site blocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MURC site blocked

Yandex is reporting via Opera browser (latest version) that the MURC is very bad. Suggesting everyone to stay away or they will be doomed.

WTF?!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Not using Opera/Yandex but am not receiving such messages here in Europe...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Opera is saying MURC is bad both in Europe and in Asia.

Comment

A quick gander around suggests there's something going on on the dark web which deals with "non good" stuff and it happens to be acronymed as MURC.

In short, we've got identity fraud going on and it's dragging our name through the mud with it.

J1NG

Comment

I sent Yandex's PR dept a grievance email about this poor behavior. Hopefully this can be turned around in short order. Ridiculous
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well, might have found another issue with Murc. Tried to google murc.ws and got the forum no issue, but occasionally clicking on the search for murc.ws and it brings up a redirect to myfilestore.com, which is a known exploit redirect of file permissions apparently on the server hosting the forum. This might have helped contribute to murc.ws being drawn through the mud lately. Think Sasq or whoever's in charge needs to have a quick look around and see if anything can be done.

J1NG

Comment

Getting the same here from New Zealand. Other browsers are OK. Opera 43.0.2442.7
              paulw

Comment

I uninstalled Opera from all my devices, both on PC's and and Android alike. Based on Google's Chrome is the reason.

Yandex never responded to my email.

IMHO Alphabet is a bad company. Index that ****oles!

Comment

Firefox now blocks murc.ws by default without an option of opting out of their block. You know, the MURC is a horrible site that spams, phishing, stolen ID's etc... yea that's us!. NOT! :rolleyes"

This is the kind of thing that happens when good intentions go bad. There is no safety fall back, no one to contact, nothing that can be done ONCE YOU ARE BLACK LISTED. Heh, 15 or so years ago some peep on here claimed black listing didn't happen, like something out of myth and lore.

I had to use Palemoon to post this.

Comment

Looks like it's been fixed or thew latest Opera updates are ignoring the old problem.
                    paulw

Comment

Working...
                    X