Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - New updated trailer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - New updated trailer.

Watch the official trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, in which a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death S...

I was waiting and waiting to see Darth Vader appear.

The trailer looks good, but, as all SW fans know, that doesn't mean the movie will be amazing. Here's my problem with Star Wars and Disney. All of their movies seem too safe.

Start Rant

The Marvel movies started out pretty avant-garde. They did things with a comic based super hero that hadn't really been done before. And it worked. Now it's mostly wash, rinse, and repeat. They are entertaining... but nothing special. Not anymore.

Captain America is the closest to the exception. It's really the only movies that have had a compelling storyline recently.

On to Star Wars. SW:TFA was a rehash of SW:ANH. I didn't mind, not really. I was just happy to see a well done SW movie. But what now? Will Disney take a risk on Ep8/9? On a $2B purchase with the potential to make 11-digit returns?

I would like to think that Disney and fandom would support the idea... Ultimately I don't think it will happen. Disney will play it very safe. They will make safe, entertaining Star Wars movies that won't be anything special. People will see it. They will love the lightsaber and force fights. And everything will just be...okay.

Personally, I would rather they try something new and fail (which means sub-$1B in Star Wars land) than get the same safe script over and over again for the next 10 years.

End Rant
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
    X