No announcement yet.

End of an Era....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ports of call brings back memories as well... From that archive.org list (which I knew), I'm surprised how many games I know and played. Back in the eighties, with a friend whose father worked at Summagraphics (and he had a very powerful computer at home - 286 with co-processor and amber coloured display - which he allowed us to use for games; occasionally he also had A0 plotters or cutting plotters). Great times...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Can you download the game/DosBox from archive.org? I don't see the option.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I think they removed the feature. I'm pretty sure I downloaded Oregon Trail from archive.org simply because it was most popular entry and I wasn't familiar with the game at all unlike other popular titles such as Prince of Persia or Wolf3D.

Comment

Brings back memories - I stumbled on MURC in 1998 or 1999 because I had problems playing Dune II with Matrox Millennium (I had not updated the drivers or something) and found the answer on the Matrox Hardware forum (no longer around).
          Those were the days where you had to use your imagination to complement the blocky graphics but I feel that the gameplay and the storyline were more engaging
          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I came here around 2001/2 when my G400 had bad BIOS and wouldn't be detected. Then started spending more time here around Parhelia hype days. I was soo looking forward to good image quality for large monitors card where I could also play games on and run occasional workstation app.

Comment

I came here looking for help with my Matrox Mystique (not the 220), which came in a beautiful box with a clown face. And then it just went G200, G550, Parhelia. I had some ati card after that, but now I just use the Intel HD4600 iGPU, most likely until I will upgrade it with some graphics card.
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Another ~98 Mystique 170(?) member here. Was having trouble getting it to play nice with an FIC MB.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

I've been here since 1997 just before I got a Millennium. Then progressed to the Mystique and the 3D - forgot the name....LOL!!
                  Then I became on of the Beta Boyz and stayed through the G200, G400 and Parhelia. Shortly after the Beta Boyz were disbanded I got my first ATI card for gaming performance.

In my current desktop I have a XFX Black Edition DD RADEON R9 380 1030MHZ 4GB D5 DP HDMI 2XDVI Graphics Card. Running a Dell 34" monitor.

Sorry, I haven't been around much the last few years. I just retired from Intel .... I got some inside info back in early 2015 that they were going to start with the older employees the summer of 2015 and then it could get worse which it did.. So, I signed up for the voluntary separation and got a nice bonus and continued health coverage which is nice these days.

I can say that the last 3 years at Intel were horrible. Most of the good Managers started leaving the company. And it got unbearable, it was no longer the Intel I loved working for.

So, I have been on one long vacation and since I'm old enough I started collecting my Social Security Arrrr...
                  Last edited by ALBPM; 23 July 2016, 07:58.
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Which brings us back to "Where the heck is Doc?"
                    Can someone tell him to check in?
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

I just emailed him through his Profile we'll see if he responds....
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I'm with Seagate, these past 10 years and volunteered for retrenchment package since things got worse. Haven't had pay increments last two years and situation is similar in most electronic companies so moving to another company is not so feasible. At least you had a good package for early retirement

Edit: Here in Singapore for most American wafer /electronic companies (Matrox is moving manufacturing out of Singapore and Malaysia by the end of this year)
                        Last edited by Belwarrior; 26 July 2016, 20:28.
                        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Still haven't installed the damn card yet...oh well....I move to new house next week, so maybe I'll get it set up sooner then later
                          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                          X