No announcement yet.

We're back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch is the first word that comes into my head....

I lurk on occasion but never contemplated this place going away....
    work is the same for the most part but a new boss finally scored training for a few of us...only 10 years since the last classes (ugg)

i hear from greebe occasionally and he isnt crazier than he ever was
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Interesting how many of us lurk on occasion... I do the same (usually not logged in at the time).
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

You know, I think we need not consider moving at all if most lurkers would actually log in as well and, well, post something once in a while.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
          You know, I think we need not consider moving at all if most lurkers would actually log in as well and, well, post something once in a while.
          Ok then....done...
          ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

And that actually helps. Had no clue you lurked here. Crunching Rosetta for MURC already?
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
              And that actually helps. Had no clue you lurked here. Crunching Rosetta for MURC already?
              I had switched off BOINC quite some time ago, I think it was when we were having Summer so things were getting quite hot here. I've just re-enabled it and throttled it a bit so as to keep the CPU temp below 75degrees C.
              I'll see how we go with that, if it seems to run alright and doesn't end up pushing up my electricity bill, I'll run it again for a while now that we are in Winter again.
              ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Yes, I throttle both my Server and my laptop but not using BOINC because it is to coarse for what I want. Server CPU is below 50C by underclocking/volting, and I underclock more in the summer. Lappy stays below 75C but when I am doing serious work I unleash full CPU (undervolted) power and turn BOINC off.

Anyway, how's things in NSW? Don't wanna make this a BOINC thread (It'd scare lurkers away!)

Comment

I check in about every six months or so to see if anything is going on...dont post much.
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Hey guys.
                    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Yo. Things settled down a bit?

Comment

Kind of? This year I went to Australia (visited Sasq) and to Japan, went once more to Japan and started studying Japanese.
                        In two weeks I'm going to Hong Kong to meet in person a young woman I've met online and see where things are hopefully going and I'm going to change wheels soon as well.
                        I'm not where I'd like to be but I have a direction and hope, so things are better.
                        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Indeed, the MURC going bye bye would be a sad day indeed. Dilitante I am crazier than you think (hehe). I have often wondered what happened to... especially not having a real iNet connection, that has now been resolved. Lastnight dug through over 15k emails dating back to 2009 and found a few gems. Will be fiiring off an email to Maggi whom now works at OpticalArt.de No idea where Steve C went. Helmut dropped offline and lost him, Maybe Markus knows. Need to contact Rags and especially Kruzin. Another beta tester, Greg, whom lives in Poland, we kept in touch for many years, he even came to NYC and visited his sister, gotta find that info.

Oh will tell yall about the time I called Maggi at home... Connie his wife answered the call and I asked to speak with "Maggi" then corrected myself, Markus... you could hear her giggling when I said Maggi... Maggi it's for you she shouted laughingly. Markus get on the phone and we chat for a few minutes when he asked why I called him Maggi... Dude that is you online nick, he corrected me saying that was "Muggee" like in the old cartoon character. I said nope, that's Maggi, like a woman. He was like OH shit now I understand why Jordan was hitting on me! HAHAHA
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Got an email from... Maggi!

Still haven't responded, so much todo and so little time todo it in...

He's good, still @ Optical Art.

His son Louis is now 15.5 years old, dang how time does fly by

I'll leave the rest for him to post, personal you know & if he gets a chance. Life does move on
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe View Post
                              Got an email from... Maggi!

His son Louis is now 15.5 years old, dang how time does fly by
                              Dang indeed. I hope he posts.
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

That's about the time I've been on here, I'd think. Just saved the old G400 from a PC in the attic... and I still remember the hassle I had to go through to buy it, just because it was supposed to be faster than a TNT2 at 32bit. But no local shop was stocking one, so I had to travel a bit... Not that any games actually ran fluently at 32bit anyway, but hey, bragging rights. And LAN parties.

*edit* there we go, 17 years.
                                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                                "Lobsters?"
                                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
                                X