I'm just posting to see if this still works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just posting to see if this still works

Just writing to see if forum still works. It's been down for a while and I must say I missed it.

Sasq, do you need any help or donations?

I can host MURC if needed. At least while I'm at Microsoft and get Azure servers as part of the deal.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yeah, I was worried to. In Sasq we trust.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

According to Dan a php update on the host broke it.
        He downgraded php to get it working again.
        I was worried too.
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

According to Dan a php upgrade on the host broke it. He fixed it with a downgrade.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Obviously it's still acting a bit cranky.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Dreamhost is causing me pain, that and vbulletin (ignoring I haven't upgraded it in a while) isn't what it used to be.

Unfortunately there isn't a converter for vbb4.x to phpbb, but I'm considering https://xenforo.com which apart from being about half the cost of vbb, is actually written by an ex vbb dev, so i'm hoping a conversion would be simpler.
              Murc doesn't require a lot of power, and I'm considering a move away from dreamhost to AWS - or Azure, though I work primarily in AWS these days so it's simpler for me.

Thoughts?
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Whatever works. Had me worried too.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

As long as it does not change into something like forum.wegotserved.com, especially the "activity" pages/function as opposed to a simple click for recent posts. They had an active forum until this "upgrade". Then it basically died. Really, no joke.

I really really like this lay-out. It is clean, no unneccessary embossments (word?), lots of info at a glance etc.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Assuming they take their own medicine https://xenforo.com/community/find-new/8126260/posts
                    ?
                    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

There is a way then to convert from xenforo to phpbb.

Comment

Nice to see it is back! I like this layout, but whatever is easiest to maintain is fine for me...
                        pixar
                        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                        X