X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new matrox video card

They still Live!

9 outputs, should be good for a very large game of tic tac toe

I wonder what fps one would get for Doom 3!
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Multi display cards are still not that many and expensive even on the low side.
      Recently one guy was complaining at work that his picture is flickering occasionally so I ordered a basic dual link DVI passive card (we're ordering 27" displays at work at the moment and have many 24"). I ordered Radeon HD 5450 It was 20 EUR more expensive vs same card with HDMI + single link DVI. I wanted dual link DVI in case one of larger monitors gets passed to this PC and single link DVI has limit at ~FHD.

Then I ordered 2 new 27" Dell U2715H (no DVI, only HDMI and DP) monitors and for one business PC with VGA only I needed a video card to drive it. Innexpensive passive display port card doesn't exist (plainly to order from shops where I have accounts - I didn't want to order special card from abroad because it would take a week and several steps with accounting...). I only found HP branded Geforce 730 with display port and dual link DVI for 91€ but I read fan was loud so I ordered another passive Radeon HD 5450 and will use HDMI to drive the monitor.

I don't think apart from Matrox you can buy dual display port fanless videocard and even single DP fanless cards are rare and not cheap (for basic business monitor drivers).
      Last edited by UtwigMU; 8 February 2016, 05:46.

Comment

I just realised that they are using AMD gpu for their cards - guess Parhelia series was their last own gpu?
        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
        X