Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get the Galaxy Note 5 in the UK, so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most people I know that had a Lumia are very happy with it. I would consider a Windows 10 phone, but some apps I want to have do not exist for it (no alternatives either).
    The update schedule is much better than what you get for similarly priced Android phones, where updates are hit or miss, but mostly miss... So now considering a new phone to replace my 4 year old Android and I'm just looking at the cheaper phones of known brands that currently run Marshmallow. Rather than get an expensive model that is sure to get an update, it may be better to just get a cheaper one and replace it when necessary (although I do not like that attitude )
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

If you do end up getting a Samsung, be sure to wear fire resistant clothing and protective eye goggles at all times

Comment

Did you have a chance to try the HP X3 elite before going for the 950? Looks like a nice phone as well, but the price is somewhat crazy. Unless that laptop shell really works brilliantly.
        W
        "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
        "Lobsters?"
        "Really? I didn't know they did that."
        "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfman View Post
          Did you have a chance to try the HP X3 elite before going for the 950? Looks like a nice phone as well, but the price is somewhat crazy. Unless that laptop shell really works brilliantly.
          W
          the HP X3 is a phablet. I consider the 950 already to be larger than comfortable to use. I'd consider a smaller option than the 950 if there was one with Dual Sim. Unfortunately, it seemed like MS already was in the process of axing most of their smartphone business, so we never got a 850 (and no guarantee that a 850 would have been smaller than the 950 either).

Laptop shells defeat the purposes imo... if you're going to carry around a screen with keyboard, then why not pay the premium to get a microprocessor with it that allows you to use it autonomously. The whole concept just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Working...
          X