Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jessica Jones (Netflix-Marvel: JJ = the hero Jewel: trailer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessica Jones (Netflix-Marvel: JJ = the hero Jewel: trailer)

AKA Jessica Jones (Netflix/Marvel)

Like (excellent) DareDevil and future Luke Cage and Iron Fist series - a prelude to the Netflix/Marvel Defenders miniseries event.

Jessica Jones served as the superhero Jewel, gifted with flight, superhuman strength and durability and psionic protection. In the Alias storyline Jewel runs in to Kilgrave, the Purple Man, who can defeat her psionic protection. He captures her, keeping her under his mental control for eight months while forcing her to help in his crimes and and sexually abusing her before sending her out to kill Daredevil.

After this plays out she has severe PTSD and retires as Jewel, but opens Alias Private Investigations which often serves those with superhero connections.

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, a "Hero for Hire" with accelerated healing, super strength and unbreakable skin, are romantically connected.

Jessica Jones/Jewel: Krysten Ritter
    Luke Cage: Mike Colter
    Trish Walker/Hellcat: Rachel Taylor
    Zebediah Killgrave/Purple Man: David Tenant
    Harper: Carrie-Anne Moss

Colter (Cage) & Ritter (Jones) on set

Jones/Krysten Ritter

Mike Colter/Luke Cage

Hellcat/Rachel Taylor

David Tenant/Kilgrave
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 May 2015, 05:09.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Netflix announces that Marvel series Jessica Jones will debut in Fall/Winter 2015

According to IGN, the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour held today revealed a few interesting details about the future of the Marvel Television Universe thanks to Netflix CCO Ted Sarandos, who addressed how the successful “Daredevil” getting quickly re-upped for a second season will effect the eventual rollout of “The Defenders” team-up show.

“I think ideally there will be a rhythm of about every six months you’ll get a new season or a new series from the Defenders group,” Sarandos said. “And then they’ll crossover into a combined [Defenders] season once we’ve launched the first season of each of the four characters. Some will selectively have multiple seasons as they come out of the gate. So they’ll probably be two launches a year.”

Although some of the shows in said line-up, including the currently-in-production “Jessica Jones” as well as “Luke Cage” and “Iron Fist,” will be selectively chosen for second seasons, potential break-out characters like Jon Bernthal’s The Punisher could also get solo series down the line after his appearance in “Daredevil” Season 2.

“It is possible for sure,” says Sarandos of a possible Punisher spin-off series, despite the current emphasis being on the original four core members of The Defenders. “That’s the beauty of the Marvel universe. Any of them could spin out into films too.”

As for new footage, attendees of the TCA were apparently only greeted to a brief glimpse of Krysten Ritter as the eponymous superhero private eye…
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Cool!
      So DC is getting a few new shows on TV namely...
      1-Supergirl
      2-Legends of Tomorrow
      3-And in 2016 - Teen Titans (Yup keep an eye out for that, it's in the making)

And Marvel produces for Netflix only now?
      Last edited by Elie; 28 July 2015, 13:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
        3-And in 2016 - Teen Titans (Yup keep an eye out for that, it's in the making)
        Only as long as they don't remake the waffles episode from Teen Titans Go! We just got our sons to stop saying waffles to everything.

Originally posted by Elie View Post
        And Marvel produces for Netflix only now?
        I think Disney is using Netflix as a testbed for producing and releasing shows in a non-traditional way. Binge watching on streaming services is something that's becoming more popular, especially among the younger generations. This allows them to make money off their smaller properties and test the waters on potential new major market entrances.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

And after the screaming home run they hit with Daredevil there'll be a lot more of them with increasing budgets. Netflix-to-film crossovers are pretty much inevitable.

The deal over Spider-Man appearing in Captain America: Civil War and both Avengers: Infinity Wars film broke the inter-studio wall, and it's likely to continue.

In the DC/CW CBS world we're also likely to see Arrow/Flash/Legends of Tomorrow characters on Supergirl, and vice versa. Films? There are rumors of a Green Lantern appearance on a CW show, perhaps John Stewart. There's also a Green Later Corps film coming. Same actor? Who knows?
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 July 2015, 17:01.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

interesting times ahead And I hope Netflix continues to be affordable.

Comment

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Here is the official trailer... and It rocks!
                Looks to be very dark.

Watch the Jessica Jones Official Trailer.After a tragic ending to her short-lived Super Hero stint, Jessica Jones is rebuilding her personal life and career ...
                Last edited by Elie; 23 October 2015, 11:25.

Comment

The reviews are in and they're very positive. It's also noted that the sexuality is far stronger than other Marvel films. All Marvel has excluded is hard nudity and the F word. It's as dark as JJ needs to be.

S1 episodes:

AKA Ladies Night
                  AKA Crush Syndrome
                  AKA It's Called Whiskey
                  AKA 99 Friends
                  AKA The Sandwich Saved Me
                  AKA You're a Winner
                  AKA Top Shelf Perverts
                  AKA WWJD?
                  AKA Sin Bin
                  AKA The Kumbaya Circle Jerk
                  AKA I've Got the Blues
                  AKA Jewel and the Power Man
                  AKA Smile
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I may have to watch this one solo. My wife loves Tennant and she'll probably cry seeing him play a truly evil, abusive villain.
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Full trailer #2

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

3 episodes in and,

OH, HELL YEAH!!!!

Some of the best TV this year. DAMN!!

A very grown up superhero series.
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

indeed, it's awesome!! I also watched three episodes and can't wait to watch the rest.

Comment

I've finished binging Jessica Jones, and wow.

Both Krysten Ritter and David Tennant were SUPERB, and Mike Colter is going to be great in the Luke Cage series. Carrie-Anne Moss was also very good. Casting, writing, production - all spot on. Netflix and Marvel seem to have this adaptation business down to a science, and kudos to Netflix for having the guts to let the producers have at it. There are very adult themes in Jessica Jones, and they ran with them.

I hear that like DareDevil a second season is a lock. DUH!!
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 November 2015, 17:02.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hey Doc, did you notice the splashes of a certain color throughout the episodes?
                              Cool eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X