Wow, this forum still exists :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, this forum still exists :)

Sorry for the random post... I've not been here for like 6 years or something! Just got a stack of zip disks going and an old hard drive or two, discovered old photos including an album I took when I visited Matrox at CeBIT in Germany in 1999 (with Haig from Matrox, and Maggi and Helmut from here), and it's reminded me of MURC so a quick google and you're all still here, even names I recognise

Hi everyone!

edit - ooh just found more photos from the MURC forum meets in 2003!

Hi, this is kind of our private lounge now, I retired Millennium PCI from my server about 2 years ago and we don't talk about Matrox much anymore.

Welcome back!

Comment

Yep we're still here.. Come here every day to see what's going up or down..
      paulw

Comment

Still had my G200 Marvel + Full Break Out Box in my archival machine until about 9 hours ago when the motherboard finally bit the dust and was inspected and found to have suffered from the Capcaitor Plague from the early 2000's. A shame, would have been running still otherwise. But yeah, relatively healthy forum that's still going.

J1NG

Comment

I still have my MURC keyfob and visit almost every day. We also have a new Distributed@MURC project running.

When has this forum not received random posts? Large bit of the charm IMO. OH, and Matrox is or will be producing Gfx cards again soon.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I might have to pop in a bit more often then as it seems the forum's still going.

I was just surprised Matrox can still attract a forum worth of people, but I guess it's not about them any more, and more about the people here

Oh the G200 is still live and kicking in HP Proliant servers, and we use the multi screen cards at work to drive people's desktops for the people who have 4 screens. Also for video capture for a surveillance system, and about to implement a new video wall system which is based around Matrox kit

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
              Matrox is or will be producing Gfx cards again soon.
              I think you mean SOONâ„¢

PS Hey Steve, welcome back.
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley View Post
                I think you mean SOONâ„¢

PS Hey Steve, welcome back.
                Yes. They may even name the card as such.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Hello!

Originally posted by SteveC View Post
                  Sorry for the random post...
                  Are there any other posts here now?

Yes, it is now more of a private forum. Most people are regulars, but it is hard to guess how many of us there are still. But it is still going! My first ever forum I registered on...
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Welcome back Mr. C.

Yeah we're not going anywhere, I've been here since the big bang.

Comment

COOPER's in da house!

Was just think'n about the beta days and hadn't heard from you in the longest time.

How's life treating you bub?

Cheers,
                      Mike
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks all for the (re)welcome

All good for me - life's interesting in different ways lately with an 8 month old daughter, just got engaged too! Still working at the same place though on the network team

Hope everyone is good too!

Comment

A few Beta Boyz still hang around The site is pretty slow compared to the G400/Parahelia days.

I haven't seem maggi on here in awhile.
                          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Sorry I vanished from here like years ago again but you're all STILL here and I thought I'd pop back and say hi again

I even just ordered a couple new (old) Matrox graphics cards off eBay as I might do a comparison of Matrox through the ages. Some sort of quad monitor thing (I have a card from somewhere but needed the cable and it was cheaper to get a new card and cable together!) and a classic Mystique 4MB as I seem to have lost mine. I wanted an m3d too as I seem to have lost that too but they're SO expensive on eBay!

I'll try and pop by a bit more often, promise!

Happy New Year everyone anyway!

Comment

Happy New Year from my side, too :-)

@VJ: Murc also was the first forum where I registered in my case, too.

Lambo-Fan
                              Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Working...
                              X