Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: We're #150 @ Rosetta@Home, improving the world

It is actually easy to downdate and I have many versions stored. What version did you likeand how would I get it to yu if I have it?

I am at 7.6.22. No issues although it tends to starve my lappy from WUs indeed. Not sure if that was better previously.
    Last edited by Umfriend; 23rd June 2016 at 07:19.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Can't remember which version I was previously using now as I hadn't updated for a long while, just for the heck of it decided to update since I thought to myself, the client MUST have improved right? *sigh* Oh well. Also on the same 7.6.22 right now where things went awry.

Will just see what happens next.

* Completed Work Units aren't uploading
    * Not pulling down new work units on it's own

Probably more issues not found yet. Very annoying. At this rate I won't be breaching the 2 million barrier by end of the year.

J1NG

Yoy can dl earlier versions I think and try those. I have 7.6.9, 7.4.27, 7.2.33 and some older ones. About 9MB. We'd just need a way to transfer. Let me know if you want to try one.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

One other thing you might try, and I think this wil help, through Options -> Cumputing Preferences -> Disk and memory, give BOINC a few GB more. I think WU's are getting bigger and bigger and there may be some waste as well.

Never a bad idea to, once in a while, stop getting new WUs, run the ones you have, de-install BOINC and delete the ProgramData files and then re-install to start with a clean slate.

Dunno what's happened, had a quick look at the Boinc client and saw no units being worked on at all. Started sometime in the last few days. Anyone have any idea what's going on? A quick glance over at the Boinc Rosetta message board didn't highlight anything for me.

J1NG

Yes, I have had this with the latest client. It seems to me it requests new work units at a lower frequency. My solution has been to increase minimum and additional work units stored (Options -> Cumputing Preferences) to 0.25 and 1 respectively. Seems to work for me.

Boincsynergy.com has been down for quite a while now which is a shame as it was my site of choice to monitor progress. No idea whether it'll come up someday again or what the best alternative is.

Edit: Apparantly, there is an issue and limited to no WUs are available. Sure it'll be solved "soon". https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/f...?id=5701#70158
    Last edited by Umfriend; 15th August 2016 at 02:24.

I was offline for some time, but am back now. Still on an older version: it behaves so nicely (compared to the one before that), that I'm afraid to update... I don't want to mess it up...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Yes, I typically save the installer files so that I can roll back. However, I never take note of when I change from which to what version...

Funny this. My lappy would not get new WUs no matter what I did while my server continued to be supplied.

So, pressed "Reset project" and, voila, new WUs.

Well, I'm approaching the 2 Million mark, and should be there at latest mid November, although realistically should be in next week or so. After that I won't be certain whether I'll be continuing full time or not, as life changes here. So just dropping a message to everyone so everyone knows not to expect much more from me after next week. If I happen to continue, great. If not, was a blast.

Likilihood is I'll continue in some shape or form, but as to whether it'll even be close to the same output level is another matter.

J1NG

I'll be offline for a few days/weeks, I need to run some experiments which. But if I would forget to restart it, please do remind me!
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Thread Information