Pillars of Eternity (for RPG fans)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pillars of Eternity (for RPG fans)

It's hot on steam and elsewhere now. Obsidian crowdfunded this game and it's a classig party RPG a la Neverwinter nights, Baldur's gate... It has very good mood, lots of text and storytelling, dialogue. If anyone here fancies RPGs might, you want to check it out.

Pausable combat and formations remind me of Myth

Eternity aims to recapture the magic, imagination, depth, and nostalgia of classic RPG's that Obsidian enjoyed making - and playing. Eternity takes the central hero, memorable companions and the epic exploration of Baldur’s Gate, adds in the fun, intense combat and dungeon diving of Icewind Dale, and ties it all together with the emotional writing and mature thematic exploration of Planescape: Torment. Choose to play as one of the six playable races: Human, Aumaua, Dwarf, Elf, Godlike, and Orlan. Whether you're playing a stout Dwarf, a towering Aumaua, or one of the otherworldly Godlike, Eternity's plethora of playable races scratch every role-playing itch you may have and allow for deep character customization. [Obsidian]

Obsidian has done it: Pillars of Eternity is one of the best isometric party-based RPGs in years.

Prepare to be enchanted by a world where the choices you make and the paths you choose shape your destiny. Obsidian Entertainment, the developer of Fallout: New Vegas™ and South Park: The Stick of Truth™, together with Paradox Interactive is proud to present Pillars of Eternity.

Guide (spoliers)
    In this guide to Pillars of Eternity, you can find all the information allowing you to complete all the missions – both main and side – without any problems.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 30 March 2015, 10:34.

Is it a MMORPG or single player campaign? I'm more into the latter if the story is right (like NWN2 and MOTB, last one was really good).
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Single player only!

There is also a DRM free copy floating around, so you can try before buying it.

Comment

Kewl. No I need to get up-to-date on what Steam is all about...
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I like Steam. You can download games to every computer you own. You can play offline (but need to log on first to confirm before going offline). You can also share your library with up to 5 friends/family (but only one can play library at a time). After title is no longer AA, price drops to 20 or even below 10 EUR. Recently I saw I game I might fancy for 6 EUR something and I just bought it. Often they have sales and sometimes you can play for free over weekend.

Comment

Wow, those are almost GOG-prices. How long typically before the price drops? I need not have it soon and, well, I am a scrooge when it comes to games for myself. Heck, last game I bought was Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe on my Playbook for, I think, $1.79. Had loads of fun.

Comment

Pillars of eternity is now around 20€ on Steam and on GOG. There is also expansion coming up.

Comment

Working...
              X