• Show
Clear All

• Happy Xmas from The PIT

My once a year visit these days.
    Happy xmas folks
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Same to you. Bought any decent hardware recently? Make it a quarterly visit?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Last load of kit I bought was in October. msi x99 sli Intel 5960x Radeon 280x overclocked to 4 gig. Only just stoppe dit crashing firefox so may now push it a little higher
      Plays chess like a turn of a shovel and grinds me into dust. Does photo editing just as quick.
      Dr Morbid still around TXtransform?
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Happy Christmas, PIT!
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

TX is in a rough patch, see the Temp forum, Hello thread. Doc is still around.

You bought HW and none of it was broke???

This season I have a 4 out of 4 score with chess (aside from bullet over the internet of course). I'll be playing Tata Steel in a few weeks, weekend tournament. You do clubs/tournaments?
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
            TX is in a rough patch, see the Temp forum, Hello thread. Doc is still around.

You bought HW and none of it was broke???

This season I have a 4 out of 4 score with chess (aside from bullet over the internet of course). I'll be playing Tata Steel in a few weeks, weekend tournament. You do clubs/tournaments?
            YUp last load of stuff I bought is no longer suffer from the lemon syndrome.

Hi Jammrock you still haven't caught up with my post count despite all these years LOL.

Umfriend I no longer play for clubs or play in Tournaments. Two years ago I think I popped in a local club got recognized and everyone was saying I was back. Played a few games enjoyed them but didn't want to get back to playing in team again.

Mothers still alive now in a home since I can't look after her anymore. Saw her this morning she was hitting the carers and wasn't pleasant to me. One of the few times I could understand what she was saying.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ah yes, your mother, forgot about that. Had my father in law go while pretty far gone with Alzheimer and my grandmother who explored the universe with Alzheimer by the time she went. Alzheimer, or similar, the worst. Hope they have the sense to put a bullet or decent pill in me at some time should that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT View Post
                >
                Dr Morbid still around TXtransform?
                Dr Mordrid reporting for duty! Nice to see y'all. PIT, and a belated Merry Christmas back atcha.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Merry Christmas Anthony

Sorry to hear about your mom. Have dear friends here that have been married for 51years now. She has alsheimers and is starting to drift bad. Noticed the signs a few years ago and with our mutual sense of humour bought her a bag of marbles, you know just in case He had a heart attack 4 months ago after a spotless health record. Just had triple bypass and is skin'n bones frail looking. For a man of 81, his annual fall trek to Nebraska for harvest had to be cancelled. He was not happy, likes running a 16 row Combine and working 20hour days in frigid temps. He's an arnery f*cker.

Still talk with Dilitante fairly regular, but haven' t seem ALBPM or Maggi in some time (year +). Paul is still with Intel working his magic and Markus's achievements can be found on IMDB.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Merry Belated Christmas and Happy New Year Greebe and all MURCers!!!!!!!

Yup, Still with Intel and eligible for retirement in February but don't know if I can just yet. The last 2 years have
                    been a rollercoaster switching from Desktop Processors to Tablet and Phone processors at our New Mexico plant.

I'm still around but not posting as much.
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Best wishes guys!!
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                      X