No announcement yet.

Announcing Windows ... 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10159 is available for fast channel, I'll apply when I get home.

EDIT: apparently we're at 10162 now.

10162 seems good, better than 10130 so far, they fixed the problems with language bar and changed logon screen (about which i don't care so much)
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 3 July 2015, 16:52.

Comment

• i'll wait until Christmas to upgrade to Windows 10 else wife will nag me if the computer starts acting up
      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
      ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

• 10166 is out now. Just got it installed. We'll see how it's doing. The builds are getting progressively more stable, so that's a good sign.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

• ...I might be late to the party, but just tried to install the preview on my dual opteron system - lo and behold, the 64bit version doesn't work on my spare pc: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...ort-windows-81
          "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
          "Lobsters?"
          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

• Yes, I just noticed that it won't work on Opterons and Athlon64 but will on Core2Duo and latter.

Comment

• Win10 RTM is being pushed early to insiders. Official build number is 10240. It installed for me over the weekend.

There was an issue with my network and Hyper-V, but beyond that it's been smooth. My wife's 8.1 to 10 upgrade seems to have gone flawless.

Comment

• Hi guys.

Dunno if it was discussed before, but would it be possible to install a clean 2nd instance of my Win7 for dual booting and upgrade that one to Win10 for toying around ?
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

• I don't know. I've never tried. I assume it is... you just need a clean disk or enough free space. You have to install Win10 second to update the boot loader to a compatible version.

Comment

• Well....lookee what we got here! Have to say I've been enjoying Win 10 builds a great deal. My only real issues have been audio (bluetooth and optical) and the fact that I have to reset activation after each revision on some of the systems. Otherwise it has been fast/stable/not 8.X
                    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

• So who's upgrading today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elie View Post
                        So who's upgrading today?
                        I'll do at least one. My laptop and/or desktop. Going to wait on the girl's to see how it goes.
                        My daughter's desktop computer has a cranky 3 monitor setup using the onboard AMD graphics and an old ATI card. Will probably wait longer on that.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

• My Windows 10 machine is currently offline, as I needed to move it to have radiators replaced in the room. Hopefully it all goes smooth, and I might be able to put it back this weekend...
                          pixar
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

• Originally posted by Elie View Post
                            So who's upgrading today?
                            I did the upgrade on my PC today, was quick and relatively painless going from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro. The only issue I have found so far is my audio (Realtek HD Audiio) didn't work as it said I didn't have a sound device connected. Fixed it by uninstalling the device in device manager and rebooting. Upon reboot, the system found the device, installed the driver and voila, sound again.

Haven't had a huge amount of time to play with it and make sure that everything works as it used to, but so far, I like it.
                            ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

• My wife's laptop had a sound issue too. Hers was related to a device hogging exclusivity to the sound card. I opened the Playback properties for the device, unchecked allow exclusive access and rebooted. Haven't had a problem with that since.

Comment

• Updated my laptop using the media creation tool.
                                It took quite a while, but everything seems to be working just fine.

PS There's an almost unbelievable number of spywarish settings to turn off manually.

---Next day---
                                OK, had to uninstall the pointing device software on my laptop. The software was causing the laptop to become unresponsive occasionally for no apparent reason.

Upgraded my desktop pc. Completely uneventful,

PPS
                                On a lighter note, using Edge was an eye opener. I hadn't seen a web page without adblock software for YEARS. Good Lord
                                Back to Chrome and Pale Moon. They really need to get add-in support going in Edge. Won't be trying it out again until they do.
                                Last edited by cjolley; 1 August 2015, 07:25.
                                Chuck
                                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                                X