X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Almost all the sci-fi spaceships you know are on this massive chart"

sci-fi-spacehship-comparison-chart-960_2.jpg

http://dirkloechel.deviantart.com/ar...hips-398790051

If you regularly follow geek culture, you've probably seen early versions of Dirk Loechel's spaceship comparison chart, which shows the relative sizes of vehicles from science fiction games, movies and TV shows. Well, it's finished -- and it's even more authoritative than the last time around. Get the full-size version and you'll see Babylon 5's Vorlon Planet Killer, Mass Effect's Normandy and seemingly everything in between. The chart even includes a real vessel, the International Space Station -- at 328 feet long, it seems downright puny next to its make-believe counterparts. Some story franchises have better representation than others (EVE is full of colossal ships), and you won't see moon-sized spacecraft like Star Wars' Death Star, but it's otherwise hard to imagine a more complete view of sci-fi transportation.
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

I wonder if the TARDIS is in there...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Kewl!! Me want
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
        I wonder if the TARDIS is in there...
        Q: And where's TARDIS?
        A: It's both too large and too small for the chart.
        FT.

Comment

What and no Liberator?

Comment

What MMM said!
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

The Space 1999 ship is not there. And since they included the Gundam ships...where's Spazer? Love the poster though, great job!

Comment

Working...
              X