• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 year old hero dies in action

Where do you even start?

Tyler Doohan, superhero

RIP, Sir!!

A fourth grade boy died in a fire in his grandfather's Penfield, New York trailer home after helping to save six of his relatives. The boy, Tyler Doohan, had returned to the blaze in an attempt to help rescue his disabled uncle, Democrat & Chronicle reports.

A fourth-grade boy died in a fire in his grandfather's Penfield, New York, trailer home after helping to save six of his relatives. Tyler Doohan, 8, had returned to the blaze in an attempt to help rescue his disabled uncle, reports the*Democrat & Chronicle.

Tyler, his uncle Steve Smith and his grandfather Louis J. Beach died in the inferno this past weekend.

According to the*Democrat & Chronicle, citing investigators, Tyler took it upon himself to wake his sleeping relatives once he detected the fire at around 4:45 a.m. on Monday. Two of the people Tyler helped save were children, ages 4 and 6.* Tyler's body was found near the bed of his deceased uncle.

"The kid has more guts than I know of," Joseph Breyette, Tyler's uncle, told WHEC-TV. “I mean, to run back in there and go through what he went through to try to save his uncle — what can you say for the kid? He was a great kid.”

Breyette also spoke to 13-WHAM about the tragedy.

"It’s still hard to grip or even put your hands around it, you know," he said, "I don’t know why or what the plan of life is.”

WHEC-TV spoke with Richard Stutzman Jr., interim superintendent for Tyler's school.

"Tyler was a very caring young man, always had a smile on his face," Stutzman said. "Actually I just got an email from one of our staff members, who when they heard Tyler had gone back in, or continued to help his grandfather get out of the burning building, they were not surprised at all. That's the type of young man he was, and in my heart and the heart of East Rochester, he's a true hero.”*
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

*speechless*
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
      *speechless*
      +1
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

The heroic boy from upstate New York who saved six relatives but died trying to save his grandfather from a blaze was honored with a full firefighter’s funeral Wednesday. Tyler Doohan, who wa…

Heroic boy, 9, who saved family from fire given firefighter's funeral

The heroic boy from upstate New York who saved six relatives but died trying to save his grandfather from a blaze was honored with a full firefighter's funeral Wednesday.

Tyler Doohan, who was just 9 years old, was laid to rest at St. John of Rochester Catholic Church in front of hundreds of mourners.

Firefighters stood at attention in Class A dress uniforms as bagpipers played traditional music.

Penfield Fire Chief Chris Ebmeyer presented the youngster's family with a fire helmet inscribed with his name, before declaring him to be an "honorary firefighter."

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 31 January 2014, 02:55.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

There aren't any words I can think of to describe this, except it must have been very emotional.
          Thanks for the update Dr.
          PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
          X