Laser cutters , Doc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser cutters , Doc?

Interested in a good laser cutter that can do more than just engrave metal. Perhaps a step up in power eg >40w via mod? Something DIY but with better software support unlike what they have on www.buildlog.net , like able to model in solidworks and import. Reason I ask is if we can modify an existing unit's head, with something that is more readily available, some of the parts required are nearly impossible to find that buildlog uses. Additional considerations that must be taken into account when modifying etc. Terry, would you have anything to add on this subject? Thx, Mike
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

How big are the pieces you need to cut/engrave? Thick?

BTW: there's an intetesting kickstarter here

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

That's what the upgrade in power would be for... this one
      Attached Files
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

You want to cut that with a laser?
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
          You want to cut that with a laser?
          That is a 40w cnc laser. Would like to upgrade power to 80w. I'm thinking not, simply too small.

Comment

Working...
          X