Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) [Final Trailer]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) [Final Trailer]

Now that disparate info is coming together...

And yes, when they first met in the comics they butted heads, big-time, before joining forces.

Batman vs. Superman (2015)

Release: July 17, 2015

Director: Zach Snyder
    Producers: Christopher Nolan; Emma Thomas, Deborah Snyder
    Screenplay: David S. Goyer

Superman/Clark Kent: Henry Cavill

Batman/Bruce Wayne: Ben Affleck

Wonder Woman/Diana Prince: Gal Gadot

The Flash/Barry Allen: Grant Gustin ? (TV's Flash)

Unknown: Jason Momoa (rumored Doomsday or J'onn J'onzz, the Manhunter)

Lex Luthor: ? (rumored)

Lois Lane: Amy Adams

Perry White: Laurence Fishburne

Martha Kent: Diane Lane

Synopsis: unknown
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 December 2013, 08:47.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Hope they can avoid the forced "toss everyone in" feeling that having this many characters suddenly appear in the established world of Superman could have. It's going to be enough just having a new Batman introduced (without having an existing standalone film). Still, it does seem like DC has a good chance of getting their larger universe in order on film finally.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

As noted in another thread filming will be in Michigan, largely in and around Detroit, save for location shots elsewhere.

I'm thinking the team will assemble in the latter part of the film as closeted characters go public in the face of an existential threat. Think in terms of the first 2 episodes of the Justice League animated series.

Most didn't notice in MoS a green flash during Zod and Sups battle. Maybe Green Lantern (PLEASE God, John Stewart) observing.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I did an image search of Gal Gadot...and ...she's hot!!!!

Comment

The new faces....

Gal Godot (Wonder Woman)

Grant Gustin (Flash in Arrow and CW's new series)

Jason Momoa (Doomsday or Manhunter)
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 December 2013, 14:55.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
            Most didn't notice in MoS a green flash during Zod and Sups battle. Maybe Green Lantern (PLEASE God, John Stewart) observing.
            Didn't notice that at all. Would love for them to reboot Green Lantern with John Stewart (even if it was just the character and not another movie).

Comment

MMPS site: http://mmpicturestudios.com/

Work begins in Pontiac on Superman-Batman movie

Preproduction has begun in metro Detroit on the eagerly awaited “Man of Steel” sequel with Superman and Batman.

Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac will play a key role in what’s considered the biggest movie shoot ever to land in the state. The studio complex is serving as home to production offices for the Warner Bros./DC Entertainment project. When filming starts next year, all seven of the soundstages will be used. The still-untitled Superman-Batman movie is expected to occupy the complex through August.

The superhero epic’s economic impact is expected to extend across the region. It plans to shoot at the Pontiac studio as well as at locations throughout the state.

“This project will employ more Michigan residents than any other film project has ever employed in the state of Michigan,” says Michigan Motion Picture Studios COO Anthony Wenson.
              >
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Some rumors circulating that Mr. Denzel Washington might be our next Green Lantern, John Stewart.

Comment

That's unconfirmed. IMO he's too old (59) and someone young & buff like Criminal Minds Shemar Moore would be a better physical choice. That said, Washington has also been rumored for Lex Luthor.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Producer Daniel Alter's been leaking a lot of stuff but isn't part of the crew - officially. Seems he's an unofficial conduit for the viral campaign.

That said, straight to a Justice League film - nonstop? Well, that would explain all the characters.

Another tidbit is that Ben Affleck helped bring in Chris Terrio, the Oscar winning writer of Argo, to tighten up the script before shooting began.

And, this Wonder Woman costume tidbit was pulled under pressure from WB and it was correct about Mark Twight's involvement so maybe it was close.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=92582

Cosmic Book News has a shifty history when it comes to these insider scoops, but I'm willing to take their report with a grain HUGE of salt. According to them, "Some details we have been given on the Wonder Woman costume include it will be similar to 300 and Greek Mythology.

The Golden Eagle breast plate is still there as are the bracelets on her wrists as well as the crown with a red torso top, which is more like protective thick leather armor and red knee high boots.

Our DC Entertainment source then said things start to change as he looked at art with about 40 different versions designed all with different bottoms. Some of the designs had the classic pants look, trousers, skirts, everything.

Our DC Entertainment source believes the one chosen is a sort of dark blue skirt with a belt around the top where a sword and lasso hang from. The source also believes Wonder Woman will have a round gold and black shield and possibly a red cape that sits to the right hand side."

It does sound interesting but I'm gonna reserve my judgment when we get our first official look of Wonder Woman whenever that is. Also, something that really intrigued me was when they said, "We're told Gal Gadot will be put on a 3500 calorie-a-day diet training three hours a day possibly with trainer Mark Twight."
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 January 2014, 00:50.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Going for a Michael Rosenbaum-ish young Luthor. Wonder if Lionel L. is still around?

Jesse Eisenberg and Jeremy Irons Cast in the Superman/Batman Film!

Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Jesse Eisenberg has been set to star as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons will play Alfred in the upcoming Zack Snyder*untitled Superman/Batman film. The dual announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Snyder stated, "Lex Luthor is often considered the most notorious of Superman’s rivals, his unsavory reputation preceding him since 1940. What's great about Lex is that he exists beyond the confines of the stereotypical nefarious villain. He's a complicated and sophisticated character whose intellect, wealth and prominence position him as one of the few mortals able to challenge the incredible might of Superman. Having Jesse in the role allows us to explore that interesting dynamic, and also take the character in some new and unexpected directions."

The director added, "As everyone knows, Alfred is Bruce Wayne's most trusted friend, ally and mentor, a noble guardian and father figure. He is an absolutely critical element in the intricate infrastructure that allows Bruce Wayne to transform himself into Batman. It is an honor to have such an amazingly seasoned and gifted actor as Jeremy taking on the important role of the man who mentors and guides the guarded and nearly impervious façade that encapsulates Bruce Wayne."

Eisenberg received Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award and BAFTA Award nominations for his starring role as Mark Zuckerberg in David Fincher’s*The Social Network. He also starred in Woody Allen's*To Rome with Loveand Louis Letterier's*Now You See Me. He next appears in*The Double*andNightMoves.

Irons won the Academy Award for his portrayal of Claus von Bülow in*Reversal of Fortune. His work in the film also garnered him a Golden Globe Award. He won an Emmy Award and a Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Award for his performance in the TV miniseries "Elizabeth I," opposite Helen Mirren, and recently starred on the small screen as Rodrigo Borgia in Neil Jordan's highly acclaimed Showtime series "The Borgias," for which Irons earned a Golden Globe nomination. He was recently nominated for a SAG Award for the PBS Great Performances television miniseries "The Hollow Crown," for his performance as Henry IV.
                        >
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I wonder if they'll have Eisenberg go bald.

Comment

Probably. That or he'll have his red hair. I'm betting on bald because a lot of elements have been from the 1980's MoS series blended with todays New 52.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Affleck as Bats and new Batmobile

Closeup
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 May 2014, 20:29.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X