No announcement yet.

Tragic accident...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving here in Warsaw, I see so many stupid drivers... Much too fast, trying to make their way through traffic and cutting people off, only to wait at the same traffic lights (or to then run through a very late orange or even red). My colleague works with health statistics, and it is no wonder that Warsaw has one of the highest accident rates caused by inappropriate speed. I just don't get it... They get in the car, leave the parking, and then take their phone. Do that phone thing before going!

Not sure what he would get here in Poland, but I know in Belgium it would not be enough.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
      Sure, that's what fines, community service(?) and prison are for. But how about voiding the license as a safety measure for remaining road users?
      Sure, if you do any vehicular related crime, void the licence, etc etc....

But the transport authority reserves the right to void your licence for any crime they decide is nefaurious enough, even if its non voilent or non trafic related, also, it should be decided by the court not some random bureaucrat....
      Last edited by Technoid; 6 November 2013, 15:58. Reason: new forum has some weird behauvior
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yes, that seems somewhat weird. Over here it is the court that rules.

Was he your fathers' or mothers' father?
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Sincerely sorry to hear of your loss, especially under such circumstances.
          My thoughts go to you and your family.
          RedRed
          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Sorry for your loss
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
              Ah, I see what you mean now. Yes, that seems somewhat weird. Over here it is the court that rules.

Was he your fathers' or mothers' father?
              My Fathers,

My Fathers Mother died in '93, My Mothers Father in 96' and my Mothers Mother died in 2009 and now my Father just had to quip "I'm next" and thought we was mean when we told him that it wasnt funny
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hi Technoid,

I heard about this from Umf and wanted to give my condolences.

I only knew one of my grandfathers. We had a special relationship that I did not fully appreciate until after he died.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I hope your grandfather lived a full life and I hope you have many happy memories of your time with him to look back on during this period of grief.
                Last edited by schmosef; 14 November 2013, 02:39.
                P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Hi Technoid,

I hope you manage to find peace, that's probably the hardest part with such tragedies. I also hope the person involved gets enough to keep him from bringing more harm.
                  Sadly we can't turn the wheel back, lets hope we can help other people avoid similar tragedies
                  "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Sooo sorry for your loss, I hope justice serves the driver right!

Comment

"Justice", IMO, would be him being run down by a dump truck.

Probably too much to ask, but still....
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                      X