Steve Ballmer retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Ballmer retiring

Steve Ballmer is retiring as CEO of Microsoft.

I'm sure most of you don't care but it's big news around here. He released an internal email this morning to announce it. No mention of who will replace him.

Looks like Windows 8 really was his "third letter."
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I'm glad to hear this, after Gates the epic saga of Vista and Windows 8, the Windows Phone issues, and the Zune failure among others. I thought it was time for him to retire.

Comment

Oh man, I was happy about this... they are making good products overall... they are just trying to be something they are not. Now, if we just could get them to follow standards...
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
        I'm glad to hear this, after Gates the epic saga of Vista and Windows 8, the Windows Phone issues, and the Zune failure among others. I thought it was time for him to retire.
        WAY overdue. The reason most everyone is sticking with WinXP, Win7 and the X-BOX's is that most everything else they've done has been crap. If they don't watch out a very Android-like Linux desktop is going to eat them alive.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
          Steve Ballmer is retiring as CEO of Microsoft.

I'm sure most of you don't care but it's big news around here. He released an internal email this morning to announce it. No mention of who will replace him.

Looks like Windows 8 really was his "third letter."
          I'm seriously impressed by how Nadella manages to rejuvenate Microsoft under his leadership. Talking about the right guy in the right place at the right time!

Just wanted to post a completely random piece of anecdotal evidence:
          Looking Forward: Microsoft: Support for Secure Shell (SSH)

Finally! what was taking them so long? Ah let's see what's said in the actual blog post:
          Originally posted by PowerShell Team
          Finally, I'd like to share some background on today’s announcement, because this is the 3rd time the PowerShell team has attempted to support SSH. The first attempts were during PowerShell V1 and V2 and were rejected. Given our changes in leadership and culture, we decided to give it another try and this time, because we are able to show the clear and compelling customer value, the company is very supportive.

Comment

On another front, its understood they lost a bunch of the M$ HoloLens and other hardware teams to a certain aerospace company who has opened Seattle and Palo Alto facilities.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
            X