Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone (NBC) [from Walking Dead creator]

From the Image Comics series -

Setup: what if you were some regular guy who was going to be a father. His whole identity is going to change so he's already questioning who he is, and then all of a sudden he hears footsteps outside and he sees a trail of blood. He follows it and this leads him to a clone version of himself clutching his gut, bleeding from a gunshot wound, and saying “They’re coming for you, they’re coming for all of us.”

Robert Kirkman is having quite a Comic-Con.

The creator of The Walking Dead comics is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the series and debuted the first footage of its upcoming fourth season, and now one of the comics under the banner of the writer/exec producer's Image Comics imprint Skybound is being developed for TV at NBCUniversal.

Clone, from writer/creator David Schulner (The Event, Kings, Trauma), is being developed for TV with the project set up at Universal Television under the scribe's overall deal with the studio. The TV adaptation was announced Saturday during Skybound's panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

Clone is a high-octane thriller with a sci-fi twist: What if there were more of you? And what if you could save those versions of yourself from being killed? The show’s themes of identity and nature vs. nurture are intrinsic to the roller-coaster ride of a story.

Schulner will pen the script and executive produce alongside Kirkman and The Walking Dead's David Alpert and David Engel.

"I knew if I went off the rails too badly Robert would be there to put me back on track," Schulner said. "Now I've been writing the comic for two years, issue 9 comes out next week and I just finished writing issue 15, so to be able to turn it into a television show is just icing on the cake."
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Sounds a lot like Orphan Black. Looks like the two were conceptualized around the same time too.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
    X