• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new baby ;)

Got her from the dealership I work at.

Yea, it's a HEMI

2013 Challenger R/T+ "Blacktop Edition"
    5.7l Hemi, 6 speed manual.
    Added Mopar performance exhaust, cold air intake, Hurst short-throw pistol grip shifter and the blue stripe....couple things left to finish.

She get up and scoots
    Attached Files
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

SWEET!! Me like!!
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Congrats! Can it comfortably take passengers in the back? What's the BHP, acceleration and top speed?
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Sweet car. Post the engine sound.

Comment

It can fit a couple passengers in the back seat...if they're small

Stock, it's rated at 375hp, 410 ft lbs of torque. With the upgraded exhaust and cold air intake I had installed, it's prob closer to 400hp.
          0-60 in 5.4 seconds.
          Top speed is limited to 138mph, but it is said that with a tuner chip, that limit can be raised, and the car is capable of 170 (speedo goes to 160).
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Nice specs!

What is the fuel consumption (actual - your driving not from spec sheet)?

Comment

I took it on a road trip from Casper Wy to Denver.
              On the trip down, all highway for 300 miles, it did 27.2mpg.
              2 days of driving around town, and the trip back, total of about 750 miles, the combined average was 21.5mpg.
              Of course, I was going easy on the skinny pedal. If my foot gets heavy, it will drop to 12mpg in a hurry

Comment

Nice that you live in US: here it's 7,20 USD / US gallon (1,515 EUR for 1l of 100 octane premium, 1,479 for 95 octane regular). It costs 60 EUR / 80 USD to fill her up.

I'd love to have a car like that for a week to scare people with engine rumble and burn rubber.

Comment

Hey congrats, what a nice looking car!! Take good care of her

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
                    Hey congrats, what a nice looking car!! Take good care of her
                    I intend to take very good care of her.
                    She will spend most of her time in the garage....I will keep drivin my good ol Jeep daily, and take my new baby out on sunny weekends

Comment

It's a sweet ride, runs great. Makes me want one...but I would have to go with the bigger engine or drop a GM LS3 in it

Comment

It's especially nice to live in Wyoming. We have about the cheapest gas prices in the US. Consistently 40-80 cents a gallon cheaper than most of the country. Helps to have a major refinery just outside of town we're at about $3.40-3.50/gal here now.

Comment

I coulda gone with a SRT (6.4) Hemi.....but those are another 12 grand.....I think this is enough power for my mid-life crisis...
                          And I'd burn it to the ground b4 I put a GM engine in it!

Yea, Rags has driven it....but not DRIVEN it
                          Last edited by Kruzin; 6 June 2013, 22:28.

Comment

For those in the civilised world, 27.2 mpg =~ 8.75 l/100 km, 21,5 mpg =~11,0 l/100 km and 12 mpg =~20 l/100 km

To compare, my hybrid will seat 5 comfortably, will reach the speed limit on motorways with a max of 70% higher if I can fool the radars, can leave rubber on the road, if desired (electric motor torque!), is not particularly beautiful to look at but consumes only 3.7 l/100km on a 20 km trip into Larnaca on ordinary roads, limit 80 km/h or less; 4.6 l/100 km on the 25 km trip into Nicosia (motorway 100 km/h limit) and ~5.5 l/100 km for mixed driving (5.9 l/100 km with aircon on). What it hates is a 1.5 km return trip into the village for a litre of milk: that could reach 7 l/100 km or more. And no, 2 compression fractures of vertebrae + 50 m drop in altitude and CHF prevent me from walking it. With petrol at €1.389/l, I'm glad I changed my old 2 l semi-SUV for this car.
                            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Yea Brian, but I promise yer little toy car is not nearly as fun!
                              And this is my mid-life crisis, and I'm gonna enjoy it, if you approve or not

Comment

Working...
                              X