Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: So what's our Rank now?

Unfortunately, any gains I'm giving to the group is temporary only. As my crunch times are limited to when I'm on them, and that's very limited for the foreseeable future. Only the weather has helped me remain near them recently. Shouldn't be threatening Zokes any time soon.

J1NG

No, it's just fortunate that you crunch when you do.

Today we'll reach #400!
    Last edited by Umfriend; 5th April 2013 at 00:15. Reason: Typo
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

I figured you weren't running 24/7, that's where I have the advantage. Too bad too, I'm always curious how these older Xeons match up to the newer CPU's.
    Is your computer on right now? If so, then are you using the CPU to it's full capacity? If not the install boinc, and join the matrox users Rosetta@home team and help to find a cure for the incurables, plus it's good clean free fun! (and it'll help the team gain in the ranks)

I have some bad news. The new Corsair PSU I purchased has 4 sata power connectors and I have 4 devices connected in sata.

But as I was installing it, 3 out of 4 connectors broke. Luckily my raid 0 hdd's have old molex LP4 connectors but I'm seriously crippled, no optical drive and no media/file server until I get it fixed.

The plastic is so brittle on those suckers it would have broke no matter how gentle I would have been.

I did purchase some connectors from LP$ to sata power but it might take up to 3 weeks before I get them.

So I either wait until my bypass solution arrives or rma the psu back to corsair.

So that means I'll have a few weeks downtime. I am not happy at all, but Corsair seems to be good to me about this. Sorry Umfriend, hope your not too disappointed.
    Is your computer on right now? If so, then are you using the CPU to it's full capacity? If not the install boinc, and join the matrox users Rosetta@home team and help to find a cure for the incurables, plus it's good clean free fun! (and it'll help the team gain in the ranks)

You got issues and _I_ am dissapointed? Just happy you do what you do do.

Unbelievable those connectors broke. That can't be right, must be an production issue.

P.S. Love your sig ;-)
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

When they broke I didn't know if I should cry or scream. I cried cause otherwise I would have woken the little one. lol

Yeah, my old sig is outdated, plus at 14000 posts, it`s all over the place on Murc, oh yeah!!! LOL!!!

P.S.: TDP 80w per cpu.

80W TDP per CPU which is a quad-core...Does not seem to shabby to me. My i2500 is 95 methinks, and that's a quad core no HT.

Thread Information