New forum software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New forum software

Tried to migrate to phpbb, but that proved too painful with the size of our database,
    shelled out the $200 or so for the software upgrade.

I'm aware of the logo (and colours), let me know of any other quirks

The search index is also rebuilding.

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Things seem to be working so far but will have to explore further. Typing into this Quick Reply box is sluggish. Lots of guests viewing the index ...

Currently Active Users

There are currently 566 users online. 4 members and 562 guests

Most users ever online was 644, Yesterday at 17:38.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Entering from my bookmark, "forums.murc.ws brings me into the "Activity Stream" page.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Fresh

I see we have some new features like reps and albums. What are the picture size limitations for an album?

Comment

Not sure yet,

I only beat the main of it into submission last night, and tweaked a bug about 10am this morning.

It also has full CMS and blog abilities as well, on top of the activity page.

Oh and if you dial in via your smart phone, it has a template for them too...

I'll have to dig further
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I saw the blog mentioned in the FAQ but I hadn't tried it so I didn't know if you had that feature turned on. I saw the mobile template option when I first logged in (not that I'm ever mobile).

Fun watching the SPAM regs getting swatted away.
            Last edited by xortam; 13 March 2013, 17:50.

Comment

Almost thought I wound up in the wrong site since the day before . Right... how'd I switch back to the lounge...?

J1NG

Comment

Yep, was definitely weird to be taken to the "Activity Stream". Took a couple of minutes to work out I was actually at the right site...It even made me log in to post for the first time in ages rather than lurking as a visitor...Looks like it will be good when it's had the usual Sasq massaging...
                ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Like with the previous software upgrade, I liked the previous version better. I'm becoming some sort of old conservative fart I guess. Thanks for all the work Sasq, I'm sure I'll see the benefits soon.

You need a bit of help with the $200?

P.S. Hope this posts now. Didn't half hour ago. Also, login does not seem to want to remember me (cheap shot). If this persists I'll get better debug-info.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

It would be fine if only I could read it with almost zero contrast.

IMHO, a change to phpBB would be catastrophic; it may be the most used BB software, but it's the worst and most quirky. I would recommend SMF (open source, free, well supported and with automatic conversion from vBulletin). I've used it for years sans problème. You can see an example with a massive database (440,270 Posts in 49,318 Topics by 7,524 Members.) at http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php

FWIW
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Delany: Jessy was responsible for the last round of UI tweaking, as he can attest, I have the design sense of a rock
                      We should also probably catch up, I'm living in 'The Shire' these days.

Umf: Yeah, sorry, still working on cleaning up old moderated spam posts on the back end.
                      Cash always good though

Brian: Will work on the colours a little as I get time.
                      Juu nin to iro

Comment

rebuilding the forum search now.
                        Juu nin to iro

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq View Post
                          Umf: Yeah, sorry, still working on cleaning up old moderated spam posts on the back end.
                          Cash always good though
                          Time for another fundraiser... (I would not know how to transfer to you at this time)
                          pixar
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq View Post
                            We should also probably catch up, I'm living in 'The Shire' these days.
                            What is this Shire you speak of?

Also, where are you in NSW Delany?
                            Meet Jasmine.
                            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Sutherland Shire, furthermost southern part of Sydney
                              Juu nin to iro

Comment

Working...
                              X