No announcement yet.

Moooooh !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German humour is awesome, search youtube for "10 dinge".

Comment

Hi Guys !

That movie didn't take two years on my end ...

I did most of the VFX shots as well as supervising the green screen shooting, but the most unusual challenge was "gender changing" one of the fight dogs.
      Obviously, no male dog would ever "ascend" another male dog, so they had to use a bitch/she-dog for shooting and it was my task, to "mount" a dog's male genital afterwards and retouch the nipples.

Apart from that, I made a lot of screen inserts for laptops, PCs, TV sets and mobile phones.
      I faked a head-shot, inserted group of "attackers", including a tank's muzzle flash, including reflections on a floating river.
      I also degraded footage, so that it looks like being shot with a cheap camera, while it was really shot with a R3D camera in 5k resolution.

However, in the last two years, I had the pleasure to work on Fatih Akin's "The Cut" and Bille August's "Nighttrain to Lisbon", did some greenscreens for "Manusscripts Don't Burn" and a lot of VFX shots for german cinema and television productions.

Hopefully, one day I'll find some time to do a showreel of my works.

On another note, it appears that these halls have slowed down quite a bit.

Where did everybody go ? Did I miss some sort of exodus or is everybody just on vacation and/or AFK ?

CYas !
      Maggs
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Well, there are some that lurk, some that visit like once a year and, well, a lot that have moved on I guess, so yes, it is slow in here. With you visiitng again I would say activity has increased by some 13%, thanks!
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Mooooooooooh right back at ya....LOL

Hi Maggers!!

Good to see you are still keeping busy with graphics stuff.

Since I'm such an "Old Fart"...I am going to retire from Intel on October 1st..... Arrrrr
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hi, Pauly !

Good to see you too again ...

I somewhat envy you, that your about to enter your well deserved retirement.
            I hope, you'll enjoy your new freedom and won't get bored too soonâ„¢.

I'm just back from vacation and wanted to check back here.

We've been a week to Norway, visiting my bro's family and afterwards we spend another couple of days "beaching" in St. Peter Ording (West Coast / Northern Germany).

On our 2nd day in Norway, my son "accidentally" broke one of my ribs ...

We were throwing an american football and all of a sudden Louis stormed over to my position, shoulder ahead, attempting to give me a body check.
            Despite my attempt to block his attack, he hit me hard, leaving me gasp for air while the pain in my ribs started growing.
            I guess, that's one of those moments when your kids haven't realized yet, that their body is constantly evolving and Louis grew about one head taller and now weighs about 20kg (44lbs) more than last year.

However, he felt terribly sorry and I'm slowly recovering, although it still really hurts when I'm laughing, coughing or - god beware - sneezing.

That much from my end.

Take care y'all !
            Maggs
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
            X