• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see you Maggi

Comment

G'morning y'all !

Indeed, these are busy times.
      I even was working about 20 hours over the weekend, but thanx to my fast PC, I could do it at home and didn't need to drive to work for that.

Right now, I'm working on Mary, Queen of Scots, mostly retouching "modern items" in the background and fixups, but also adding volumetric fog to a few scenes and adding a bunch of lances for "stocking up" the amount of aggressors ...

However, I'll drop by every now and then and hopefully, I'll get a few days off, once the actual projects are finished.

It's amazing to see these halls being still in full swing, somehow still crowded by the usual suspects, making me feel home again ...

So see you later !
      Maggi
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

MUUUUUUUU!!!!.....LOL

A long lost [MU] clan member. Damn Maggers you got to take a break and stop by more often.
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Yay ... Pauly !!!

Re-MUUUUUUUUUUU to you as well !

I really try to be back here more often, but you know how demanding bosses & clients can be ....

Cheeesio !
          Maggs

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Maggi, any way we can entice tou to join our Rosetta@MURC project? U churned quite a bit for CPDN at the time and you can do it while dealing with demanding bosses & clients!
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Maggi View Post
              I really try to be back here more often, but you know how demanding bosses & clients can be ....
              I can't work out if this is a euphemistic way of referring to the other half, or if it is not a euphemistic way (of referring to the other half)...
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                Maggi, any way we can entice tou to join our Rosetta@MURC project? U churned quite a bit for CPDN at the time and you can do it while dealing with demanding bosses & clients!
                dunno ... I'll have to look into it

Is it using CPU, GPU or both ?

However, under full throttle (synthetic stress test), my rig is eating ~680W and that would raise the power bill by quite a margin ...

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                I can't work out if this is a euphemistic way of referring to the other half, or if it is not a euphemistic way (of referring to the other half)...
                LOL

don't be confused, it's pure business related, my wife is not half as bad with her demands, but thanx for reminding why I wanted to come back here in first place ...

Mo' Cheese, pleeze !
                Maggeroni

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Originally posted by Maggi View Post
                  Is it using CPU, GPU or both ?

However, under full throttle (synthetic stress test), my rig is eating ~680W and that would raise the power bill by quite a margin ...
                  Only CPU. 680W, your CPU is rated at 130W TDP, must be some other stuff that's rather demanding.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

How do you get that Rosetta@home to work?
                    Downloaded client, added project, joined team, did 'project commands'->'update'.
                    It says 'Downloading work from server' but that's about it.
                    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Switch to advanced view, go to Tasks tab and see what it says pls.

Comment

Hmm, something seems not right. CTRL+SHIFT+E gives the event log. I think your tasks are aborting instantly.

Comment

Maggi, any way we can entice tou to join our Rosetta@MURC project?
                          been there, done that

Only CPU. 680W, your CPU is rated at 130W TDP, must be some other stuff that's rather demanding.
                          who said I'd run my system within its specs ?

right now, overall system power usages is hovering around 330W and it started crunching about half an hour ago

besides that are my 670s designed to run a little above spec as well so that by default, the GPU runs at 1.2GHz until the max TDP load is reached

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
                          How do you get that Rosetta@home to work?
                          Downloaded client, added project, joined team, did 'project commands'->'update'.
                          It says 'Downloading work from server' but that's about it.
                          I had trouble, because by default BOINC uses an HTTP1.1 proxy, so I made a config file called cc_config.xml and put it into the C:\ProgramData\BOINC folder
                          Code:
                          <cc_config>
                            <options>
                          	<http_1_0>1</http_1_0>
                          	<max_file_xfers>16</max_file_xfers>
                          	<max_file_xfers_per_project>16</max_file_xfers_per_project>
                            </options>
                          </cc_config>
                          full syntax for that config file is available here, but I guess you can figure those three options out for yourself ...

Cheers,
                          Maggi

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                          LG BH10LS38
                          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

welcome back!

Comment

Hmm, something seems not right. CTRL+SHIFT+E gives the event log. I think your tasks are aborting instantly.
                              CTRL+SHIFT+E doesn't seem to work on my end, it only switsches the advanced user interface back to the simple view ...

for trouble shooting, I was running the boinc.exe manually. that'll open a comand line window with full debug output and in my case it was saying
                              Code:
                              request failed: Error 417
                              also, when you run the benchmark form the boinc manager, you'll get the readout in that command line window as well:
                              Code:
                              [---] Running CPU benchmarks
                              [---] Suspending computation - CPU benchmarks in progress
                              [---] Benchmark results:
                              [---]    Number of CPUs: 12
                              [---]    4122 floating point MIPS (Whetstone) per CPU
                              [---]    14338 integer MIPS (Dhrystone) per CPU
                              [---] Resuming computation
                              what do you get on your CPUs ?

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                              LG BH10LS38
                              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

| Benchmark results:
                                | Number of CPUs: 8
                                | 2304 floating point MIPS (Whetstone) per CPU
                                | 9705 integer MIPS (Dhrystone) per CPU
                                "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
                                X