• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sasq?

Wanted Dead or Alive

SASQ

Last heard of 29 May 2011
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Last I heard he got divorced, hitched and then moved to South Korea. His personal site doesn't seem to be operational anymore. Haven't seen him online in ages.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Weren't Sasq and Jesterwild (sp?) frequently in contact with each other? Perhaps he knows something and can be pm'ed if you need it?
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I haven't spoken to Dan in awhile, but last I did he was doing well. He did indeed get re-married and was in South Korea for awhile, but he is now back in Oz.

If any of you want to get in-touch with him, I can pass along a message.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Ummm...who's running the store?

Comment

MURC has been around so long it's probably bricked up behind a wall somewhere
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Sasq, this Idiot, Maggie, Hamlet, Haig and Lizzie!!!
              Where art thou?

Those were the days eh?

Comment

Yup! I was wondering because there seems to be bad bot activity in the Desktop Video board. I put in my Season's Greetings message there and it has registered 14,750 views and increasing daily by another 1,000 or so. This seems unlikely, especially as only about 100 have clicked the link to YouTube and most of those people I have known personally.

Comment

I got in touch with him on facebook a while ago - after Doc's operation. He is on Oz with his wife, working for good company.

Comment

Haig's popping once in a while with Ubuntu updates on the Alternale lifestyle part of the forum
                    Last edited by TransformX; 31 December 2012, 03:33.
                    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                      Yup! I was wondering because there seems to be bad bot activity in the Desktop Video board. I put in my Season's Greetings message there and it has registered 14,750 views and increasing daily by another 1,000 or so. This seems unlikely, especially as only about 100 have clicked the link to YouTube and most of those people I have known personally.
                      Can you elaborate? Is there any harm in page views by bots?

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus View Post
                        Can you elaborate? Is there any harm in page views by bots?
                        No, unless the bots propagate malware but they are a form of spam which slows down forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                          No, unless the bots propagate malware but they are a form of spam which slows down forums.
                          Can you link to any spam in the desktop video forum? I don't see any

Comment

No, the spam is possibly just the number of user registrations. If there are thousands added, constantly, the SQL database would be slowed. I speculate here.

Comment

Did a quick merry xmas back and forth on Skype. No details other than what others have said.
                              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X