The Justice League (2017). [New Trailer]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Justice League (2017). [New Trailer]

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. With the recent legal win for Warner Bros, allowing them to keep using Superman in film, the studio is moving full speed ahead on casting and crewing up their Justice League movie. The LA Times has a story with...

Justice League film moves ahead, eyes Summer 2015 release!

With the recent legal win for Warner Bros, allowing them to keep using Superman in film, the studio is moving full speed ahead on casting and crewing up their Justice League movie.

The LA Times has a story with an anonymous source tells them that with Superman free and clear, the studio aims to shoot next year and release Summer 2015, which would put it close to Avengers 2, which already has a May 1st, 2015 date set.

The other interesting thing about the article is that it confirms there won't be many build up films, which is the tried and true Marvel template, and their "reboot" of Batman won't happen until AFTER the Justice League movie. That means whoever the new Batman is (if it's not Joseph Gordon-Levitt) will be introduced to the public in Justice League.
    >
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 October 2012, 17:00.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Movie sites are reporting that the villain will be....

Darkseid

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I understand they've been in talks about this for at least a year. I think 2015 is way too late. Marvel is just eating up the market, we've not seen anything from DC aside from the latest Batman trilogy Which were awesome.

Comment

OMG - this could be epic!! That was a great series. It brings in the Injustice Society, Kal-El and Kal-L, Dr. Fate and a host of others.

Basically, with the threat on Earth, teams are formed consisting of one JLA member, one JSA member and one "New God" from New Genesis.

Latino Review....

>
        You know how Nolan and Goyer went back to Batman comic books like Year One, The Killing Joke, The Long Halloween, No Man’s Land, and Knightfall for their inspiration behind The Dark Knight Trilogy?

Well, according to sources, hot screenwriter Will Beale who got the writing gig for 2015′s Justice League movie, is getting his inspiration from Gerry Conway’s…

Justice League Of America 183-185

(MY NOTE: Crisis On New Genesis, Apokolips Now, and Darkseid Rising)

Released back in 1980, issues 183-185 were the annual team-up for the Justice League of America and the Justice Society of America.

In a nutshell, plotwise, the three issue arc involves Darkseid planning the destruction of Earth by blasting it with a ray that’ll move Apokolips into the Earth’s place.

Sounds like some Armageddonesque end of the Earth as we know it kind of stakes fit for summer tentpole event film if you ask me.

The three issues were scripted by Gerry Conway with pencils by Puerto Rican superstar and fellow Flushing, NY native George Perez. George if you are reading I still have the comic bags you did back in the day for Mike’s Comic Hut. Also of note, Jim Starlin did two covers. In my opinion, Jim Starlin would later have the HOTTEST run of Batman stories in the late 1980s which consisted of my favorite Batman story Ten Nights Of The Beast, along with The Cult, and of course the death of Jason Todd in A Death In The Family.
        >
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 December 2012, 15:12.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Updated villain: Steppenwolf, Darkseid's uncle & commander. The big guy pulling strings, of course, before the big battle. We may also see other New Gods.

Mother Boxes are in play.

TRAILER! (Comic-Con preview)

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 July 2016, 19:20.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

AWESOME!!
            It's about time. But I see they used lines from The Wolverine (Striker)..."I'm putting together a team, with special abilities" Also I think Nick Fury said something very similar.
            Also, I though Superman and Wonder Woman and Green Lantern created the Justice League, Batman was always the rogue who would be on call if you will.
            Last edited by Elie; 25 July 2016, 07:53.

Comment

With BvS clearly shadowing the Death of Superman arc, some have wondered just how far they'll take it. We may have a hint (see below), making me wonder now if they will also touch on the Reign of the Supermen; Steel, Cyborg Superman, Kon-El, Eradicator etc.

Hello.....(bottom pic from the comics)

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Gary Clark Jr. and Junkie XL did the 'Come Together' cover.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Joss Whedon has taken over Justice League and will finish the film, edits etc.

This is because of Zach Snyder and his producer wife Deborah Snyder losing their daughter, Autumn, to suicide a few weeks ago. They have seven other kids and everyone's been having a tough time.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                  X