No announcement yet.

My very rough patch (robo-leg coming!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My very rough patch (robo-leg coming!)

No time for long details, but this has been a tough month.

A few weeks ago a new diabetic sore appeared on the sole of my right foot. In spite of extensive efforts by all it infected and matters turned far south very fast. The bottom line is that after 2 surgeries this week my right foot and much of that lower leg have been amputated. Surgery 3 to clean up the stump is tomorrow and full closure comes later, followed by healing, rehab & fitting a prosthesis.

I'll post how tomorrow goes when I can.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Jesus Christ Doc. Hope you keep up being the hardass gun totin' tough guy you've been for a lot more years.

And best wishes with your recovery!

Comment

Damn, that's rough. If there's an upside, it's that they're doing miraculous things with prosthetics these days. You can get something that looks genuinely borglike and totally badass. And there's no end to the mischief to be had at Halloween.

Godspeed and God bless.

Comment

Best wishs, hope it all goes well

Comment

Best wishes for a quick recovery, Doc!
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Best wishes Doc!
            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Oh wow.... I'm sorry about all this and hope you get out well.

I'm sure (and interested in) you'll let us know what kind of advanced prothetiz you'll be getting.
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Wow, I logged in to post a question to see if anyone knew where you had been keeping yourself. Particularly because of your previous health issues and no post about the death of Armstrong.
                Best wishes for a speedy, and high tech, recovery.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Doc,

never forget what is possible

best wishes on rehab !

Comment

Best wishes!

Comment

Damn, Doc, that sucks. I hope you feel better soon and keep that other foot healthy.
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Doc. I was feeling a bit sorry for myself (2 compressed fracture vertebrae, partial dislocation of 2 other vertebrae, pain from compressed nerves, officially declared disabled, cancer resurging) but my problems fade into oblivion compared with yours. All the more so when I consider you are 17 years younger than I

I hope the stump heals well without any ulceration of the wound. Are you having ozone treatment?

Best wishes for a complete and rapid healing..
                        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Get Well

Gee, I don't get in here enough anymore...

Hope you recover well Doc. Listen to your doc, Doc !
                          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

I had been wondering why you were so quiet of late Doc.

So sorry to hear that. Wishing you all the best for a speedy healing and good coping.

Tony.
                            FT.

Comment

Wow... Best wishes, doc!
                              pixar
                              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                              X