Summer plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer plans

Anyone have any summer plans they are especially excited about?

I have the entire month of June off for infant care leave. Don't know how excited am I to be home with three screaming kids and a baby.

Hopefully with the time off I can get into a good exercise and writing routine.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

ROFLMAOPMP!!!!

Exercise and writing, with three kisa and a baby? Surely you would know better by now???

Does this mean you have a new baby? Sorry if I missed that. Congrats!

T.
    FT.

Comment

With three kids and a baby, work s where you get to rest & relax.

Me, we're going to Italy this year! One weak in Toscany, then Rome, then Toscany again. With the youngest being 11 yo they'll suffer shitloads of history, culture and countryside walks (while I'll be reading e-books (detective, thriller) off my playbook as much as possible :evilgrin.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
        ROFLMAOPMP!!!!

Exercise and writing, with three kisa and a baby? Surely you would know better by now???

Does this mean you have a new baby? Sorry if I missed that. Congrats!

T.
        She was born last July. I have up to a year to take my infant care leave. June is the last month I can take so I'm taking it.

I know, I know. It's hard to find time to do...anything. But I'll go swimming with the kids a lot, and they are doing some camps and swimming lessons where I can just kick back with my laptop and write.

My biggest distraction will likely be Diablo 3
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Well, my girlfriend is in Melbourne (1 month already, three more to go). And I'll visit her in July. So plenty of reasons to be excited about that...
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Same as every year - time at the cottage. This could be one of the last years my oldest daughter can come with us on a regular basis , she's been accepted to a co-op mech eng program at uni, and she'll likely be to busy at school, or at a placement for the next 5 years. Got a boat, so I'm dying to get that on the water as well. Other than that, work as usual .
            Congrats to everyone else, it all sounds exciting.
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

moving to Lyon next month. Have to assimilate in the French culture; that'll require a bit of effort though (especially since my French is really bad right now).

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus View Post
                moving to Lyon next month. Have to assimilate in the French culture; that'll require a bit of effort though (especially since my French is really bad right now).
                A lot easier there than in many other regions of France, as the people there are largely from a Burgundian ethnicity. The best food in France, too!
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Money situation is very volatile, so plans depend. Last year I had no plans but I had 2 great trips with friends who visited.

This year I wish to go for a few days to Vienna at least.

Comment

Working...
                  X