Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight attendant goes postal

Got any lithium?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A female flight attendant who started ranting about a possible crash over the public address system of an American Airlines plane on Friday was subdued by passengers and crew as the plane returned to the gate, passengers said.

The incident at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport led the pilot to taxi back to the gate, where police and FBI agents took the unidentified flight attendant for a psychiatric evaluation, airport spokesman David Magana said.

Passengers who arrived later at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport said the attendant had begun babbling about technical problems with the plane, saying "Captain, I can't be responsible for crashing this plane."

"No one was responding, and then when she said 'crash' twice, we knew something was wrong," said an unidentified passenger, whose comments were broadcast on WBBM radio in Chicago.

"She said she was bipolar, so we continued to hold her until police arrived. When they showed up they put the cuffs on and got her off the plane," another unidentified passenger said.

The attendant also spoke about losing friends in the September 11, 2001, terror attacks on the United States.

"She said she just wanted to save people and that she wouldn't be responsible if the plane crashed," passenger Whitney Bessler was quoted as saying by the Dallas Morning News.

"She was screaming bloody murder," passenger Bethany Christakos told the Dallas Observer.

Another female attendant suffered minor injuries during the altercation on board the Chicago-bound plane, Magana said.

The FBI and airport police both said they did not plan to charge the attendant with any crime.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Bipolar?

In technical medical terms, this is called stark staring bonkers!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
      Got any lithium?
      I think you can skip the lithium and go straight to Thorazine.
      I hope she gets well soon
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
      X