No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness [we knew that!!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cardasians in DS9 gave a better/deeper sustained story line than the Borg ever did in TNG...though it did become a little soap opera-ish in the later DS9 eps....if you didn't watch every week, you didn't know what what going on.

Either way, I'll be there to see it.

And what about Lucas's re-release of SW:Ep1....?
    It was the crappiest of the SW series, but who doesn't wanna see the pod race in 3d?
    Last edited by Kruzin; 11 February 2012, 02:44.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Lucas is a money grubbing beotch who has ruined his best work. Period.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 February 2012, 05:08.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The funny thing with Lucas is his determination to not release a "non modified, cleaned up" version of the original theater releases of the first 3 movies.

And the 3D movie thing is annoying, it's yet another step in the "effects over story" development
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
          Borg had their shot in First Contact, and one problem is that save for the Queen there isn't a personality to interact with. OTOH Cardassians and the Dominion/Changelings are interactive.
          Any story with the Borg (as a collective) is similar to a disaster or horror movie in that though the physicality can be interesting, it is more about those fighting, resisting, escaping with a small amount of a mostly if not completely unreasonable personality/interaction which serves to enhance fear and tension.

They're best used sparingly.

Saying this. I actually purchase the Star Trek Borg Fan Collective.

Comment

Gul Dukat's decent into Madness/possession by the Pah Wariaths seemed forced to me.

His other interactions along with Garak and the other Cardassians were always interesting and entertaining.

Comment

May 17, 2013, also in IMAX 3D.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

It's all but been confirmed that Khan will NOT be the villian in ST2. Otherwise the storyline has been very tight lipped so far.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Star Trek: Into Darkness ?

Is J.J. Abrams Taking a Star Trek Into Darkness?

Tomorrow, September 8th, marks the 46th anniversary of Gene Roddenberry's "Star Trek", but SuperHero Hype is celebrating a little early with a juicy rumor to share. We've been been told that the 2013 J.J. Abrams sequel has chosen a title and will hit theaters as Star Trek Into Darkness.

Although we have not yet been able to officially confirm said title, the domain names www.startrekintodarkness.com and www.startrekintodarknessmovie were both registered yesterday through Markmonitor, an anonymous domain registry service that just so happens to have been utilized by Paramount Pictures for recent URLs like their official G.I. Joe: Retaliation site.

We'll bring you confirmation as soon as it's available, but what is certain is that the film will star Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve and Peter Weller with a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Damon Lindelof and that it will hit theaters on May 17, 2013 in 2D, 3D theaters and IMAX 3D versions.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Confirmed

TrekMovie has an update on our earlier story regarding the title for the Star Trek sequel We can now confirm the title that has been chosen by JJ Abrams and Paramount for the 2013 movie. More details below.     Sequel title: "Star Trek Into Darkness" TrekMovie has confirmed with multiple sources that "Star Trek Into Darkness" has been selected as the title for the 2013 sequel to JJ Abrams’ Star Trek movie. This is a title that comes out of a long process of discussion amongst the creative team. As reported earlier, Paramount tested a number of titles for the film over the summer, including at least one title that did not include "Star Trek." Also noted in our earlier article, the title (by design) does not include a colon, like were used for the past franchise films such “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan,” "Star Trek: First Contact," etc. While Paramount will not officially confirm the news, multiple sources have told TrekMovie this is the title they are going with as of now. It has also been reported by ComingSoon that Paramount has secured the domain names to both www.startrekintodarkness.com and www.startrekintodarknessmovie.com, neither of which has any content. As for the title itself, "Into Darkness" does not reveal anything specific about the plot. So for those who were hoping for "Star Trek Khan" or "The Revenge of Gary Mitchell" you are out of luck. However, "Into Darkness" certainly gives us a hint that this film could have a serious tone and perhaps darker theme than the 2009 Star Trek film. On the other hand the title is also evocative of Star Trek’s core mission of going into the “darkness” of space, to seek out new life and new civilizations. Of course the current Trek team often point to Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy as inspiration, with the second film in that series being titled "The Dark Knight" which itself had some very dark themes. Is this Trek sequel Star Trek’s "Dark Knight"? As that film grossed $1B world wide, I imagine Paramount is certainly hoping it is.  According to sources, the creative team are still working on how they will officially roll out this new title. The first acknowledgement will likely be made with some kind of visual treatment, either a type treatment for the title or possibly even a teaser poster or image. Indications are that this official roll out should be coming soon. What do you think? Sound off below and in our new poll on the title.   [poll=697]    
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

At IMAX theaters the first 10 min of STID will screen before The Hobbit.

The first nine minutes from the film will play in Imax 3D theaters across the country ahead of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey."
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Must make a point of seeing The Hobbit in my local IMAX. Just hope they're running the 48 FPS version with Dolby's new Atmos sound system. I know that the Embassy in Wellington where the premier is being held has upgraded so hopefully the IMAX in Auckland as well but I'm not hold my breath on this one..
                        paulw

Comment

Sounds like a wild ride....

The internal threat who in a "one man WMD" sounds like Lt. Cmdr. Gary Mitchell from TOS.

Official synopsis: In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes ‘Star Trek Into Darkness.’ When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 November 2012, 13:44.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

New poster (large) -

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
                              The Cardasians in DS9 gave a better/deeper sustained story line than the Borg ever did in TNG...though it did become a little soap opera-ish in the later DS9 eps....if you didn't watch every week, you didn't know what what going on.

Either way, I'll be there to see it.

And what about Lucas's re-release of SW:Ep1....?
                              It was the crappiest of the SW series, but who doesn't wanna see the pod race in 3d?
                              LOL, DS9 WAS a soap opera that could have replaced General Hospital with ease

Comment

Teaser!!!!

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Announcement Trailer (HD)In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star ...
                                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                                X