No announcement yet.

A plea for your thought and prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's so sad. I'm really sorry for your loss, Kruzin. Losing a kid scares the hell out of me.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

I don't really have words for that.

He has touched the lives you mentioned, and I suspect many more, just by who he was, and what he did.
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I am sorry for your loss.

Please let us know if there any place we can send donations to in his honor.

Comment

Kruzin, your son saved even more lives. I have been planning to register as a donor but have not sofar. I will do so soon.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

my condolences i had hoped for something else, but to come to a decision to be an organ donor on his own at such a tender age shows the person he could have been. Still God sometimes asks the good people to him earlier than others. i'm sadden by this loss.
            Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
            ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

So sorry for your loss
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss.
                As you know I lost my boy just before Easter.....so all I can tell you that will help you through this is the memories of his growing up and the fun you shared....

Keep the rest of the family close

God help you all through these times

-Dil
                Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Wow, that is every parents worse fear. I'm so sorry for your loss. =(
                  "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

So sad...

I had returned to this forum after a long absence basically to revive the hockey thread, and had paid no attention to whatever else might be posted here.

But then I noticed this thread.

Kruzin, I am so very sad to hear this terrible news. I think back to when members of this forum such as you and I and many others started here years ago and your son would've just been a little boy. And now just when his life was about to unfold as an adult, his life has been snatched away so suddenly. Doesn't make any sense.

My most sincere heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Comment

So here we are SEVEN MONTHS later, and the driver has still not been charged with as much as a traffic infraction.

The Colorado State Patrol handed the case over to the D.A. a month ago, and they kicked it back wanting more info. Trooper said it would take 2 more weeks (4 weeks ago), and now I'm told it will probably not be till after the 1st of the year till the troopers try to pass the case back to the D.A.

I understand their desire to do a complete investigation with all due dilligence...but COME ON! 7 months, at least 8 months before the D.A. gets the case back? It's not that tough a case.

Needless to say, I'm pretty frustrated with the State Patrol (for more reasons than I can list)...
                      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

WHAT ?!?!

Our prosecutor, a former Assistant DA (ADA) and criminal court judge, would have been on this like a dog on a steak! Most cases like this hit the courts in less than 2 weeks because she's set up her ADA's Office with a team of real take-no-prisoners sharks. They also have their own investigators to do follow-ups.

Jeeezzzz....

Next DA election some questions need asking.....
                        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 December 2011, 02:38.
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I don't so much blame the D.A.'s office.
                          It's the Colorado State Patrol that has been sub-par on their part.

From day 1, when the accident happened, they have been totally inept.
                          The trooper on the scene didn't even give the driver a drug/alchahol test...said he didn't have probable cause.
                          Plowing over 2 curbs, across a lawn (he travelled 300' from the first curb impact to the bench) and hitting 2 young adults sitting on a park bench in itself isn't probable cause?

Or the fact that the driver had a suspended licence? And he won't be charged with anything for that, since this all technically happened on private property and you don't need a licence to drive on private property (although the 1st curb wit was only yards from a public street...hmmmm, how did the truck get into the parking lot if he didn't drive on a public road?)

Then after a 6 month investigation (and more BS than I feel like typing from the troopers), the D.A.'s office basically says the investigation was so shoddy and incomplete that they threw it back at the troopers.

So yea....I'm not exactly impressed with Colorado's 'finest'.....
                          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I had no idea this had happened. I am sorry I wasn't around at the time. I know this is late and doesn't hold much meaning, but I am truly sorry for your loss and I hope they prosecute the guy who was driving soon so you can move on. If you need anything, please let me know... May you find strength, courage, peace and serenity.
                            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Oh Hell Kruzin, in Michigan that would not have happened!

Here if that would have happened he'd have had BAC tested on the spot just because of the injury accident. Also, if you're behind the wheel during one with a suspended license you're toast - they'll arrest you on the spot private property or not! They'll assume the truck didn't get there by fairies. Hell, they'll take you in for expired insurance

They play no games around here when an injury accident happens, private property or not.
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 December 2011, 01:41.
                              Dr. Mordrid
                              ----------------------------
                              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Just to update....

They finally arrested and booked the guy last week.
                                Of course he bonded out within hours, but at least now charges are filed.

The DA tells us the reason it took so long is because they are hitting him with the most serious charges their office has ever charged in this type of case, and they wanted to be certain they had all their ducks in a row, and investigated every aspect as fully as they could.

He goes to trial April 3 to face the following charges:
                                Criminally negligent homicide (class 5 felony).
                                Operating a motor vehicle while on a suspended license (minimum 1 year additional suspension).
                                Assault with a deadly weapon (for the minor injuries Bobby's friend suffered).

Today (Feb 3) would have been his 20th b-day.
                                (he's on the far left)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X