Reviving The Marvel G-400 TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviving The Marvel G-400 TV

I have had considerable success in reviving the G-400. It is just to have someting to do beside fishing, at my late age. I have managed to get the graphics card going including the DualHead feature and DVDMax is OK too. This is all thanks to Addis's WinXP patched drivers.
    The remaining problem is playing DVDs, because I'm getting a very dark picture on WMP 11. All other file formats are playing fine. The DVD picture is dark on WMP 11 but is normal TV. I'm not interested is capturing so I don't have to install the tools. I have a separete PCI card for capturing. Trying to adjust the brightness and contrast on WMP 11 is no use because they just bounce back. Any ideas about this ?
    Also, does anyone around still have the Flying Dutchman's Macrovision Patch ?

Problem solved ! Thanks anyways.
    Last edited by Debbie; 20 May 2011, 03:41.
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

What happens in other players?

I would try VLC.

If I can remember correctly, Macrovision protection was removed already in my patched driver.

Comment

Thank you Addis for your reply. Yes your patch also has the Macrovision hack.
      What has been bothering me was the fact that in WMP all DVDs played very dark. While in other players the picture was fine.
      Well, I discovered what was wrong. I had to register an *.ax file to corrrect the issue in WMP.

I used this code in a reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"Content Type"="application/x-msdownload"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ax]
      @="axfile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\axfile]
      @="AX"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\axfile\Shell\Register\command]
      @="regsvr32.exe \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\axfile\Shell\UnRegister\command]
      @="regsvr32.exe /u \"%1\""

After execution, I registered the NeVideo.ax in Nero Vision and WMP got working fine. Now I have everything working.
      Last edited by Debbie; 22 May 2011, 10:09.
      We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Working...
      X