• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple just launched a new line of iPods

And...

-A new Apple TV
    -iTunes 10 with Ping

Go see for yourself...

Discover the innovative world of Apple and shop everything iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, and Apple TV, plus explore accessories, entertainment, and expert device support.

Yawn. The only interesting product is the new iPod Nano.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Wow, the clip-on shuffle with big buttons is back. My shuffle is getting a bit weary after 3 years.

Comment

actually, I'm tempted to get a shuffle for running now that they have reverted to the old style.

I used to use my iPhone4 with armband, but sadly returned it today due to poor local reception

Nice to see this place is still active
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

My iPhone works fine for music and most everything else portable. Have to admit I love the UPC reader apps that price-shop for you. Wife loves that one too.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

yeah, It's taken me years to even consider apple, but I have to admit it does exactly what it says on the tin!

I've ordered another one with a different carrier so hopefully that will be better.

Nice to see you again DM - I can see you are still owning The Lounge!
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I have decided to finally get an iPhone 4 by the end of this year (it hasn't been released in Poland, making it very expensive to buy; and I'll only go to Belgium in December. I've been longing for an iPhone for so long, that I will get it (even though it is expensive: no carrier support here, so we pay the full prices).
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I've got mine from a local supermarket - it's costing me ~ £630 for a year with 750 mins, 250 texts and 1gb/month data with free access to national wifi hotspots.

Much better deal than any of the carriers

Comment

VJ. Why buy a product with a design flaw in it?? Would you buy a car that when you held the steering wheel the wrong way it slowed or even stopped on the freeway?? I hoping that next year we start to see pentaband Android fones which like the iPhone are a true world fone (we'll forget about CDMA at present) .. I kind of sick of fone A not working on network B and visa versa Bit like the guys in the US must be getting....
                  paulw

Comment

Paul, I think this whole issue is being blown out of proportion. I've tried the iPhone 4 in Canada and never had a problem with loss of signal no matter how I held it.

If you saw the screen it's the most beautiful most detailed brightest to date.

I would get one now if I didn't already sign a three year contract.
                    Last edited by Elie; 5 September 2010, 18:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
                      Paul, I think this whole issue is being blow out of proportion.....
                      ^^^^____ What he said.
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

where as a $10 dollar phone will work better, as an actual phone than this item......

Comment

Not really. Before this iPhone I had several such phones and got no better call quality or connection strength, and sometimes worse. Some couldn't even make a call if you were between metal shelves in a hypermarket like Walmart or Meijers, but the iPhone does this nicely.

OTOH, through apps, this single device serves as a portable computer (web, mail, FTP, photo editor, printing to wireless devices, etc), GPS, map & compass device w/waypoints, game pad, iPod, and almost too much else to list -example being the bar code reader/price comparator my wife loves so much. Most of these apps are free or less than $3, or rarely as much as $5.

The screen is sharp and clear, the interface more than adequate, most major sites now have mobile-enhanced pages for iPhone/Android users and more are added every day.
                          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 September 2010, 15:41.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                          X