iPhone IOS 4.0 released today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone IOS 4.0 released today

In fact it was released at 9:00 am pst so launch your iTunes 9.2 and upgrade your phones.

Or if you rely on an unlock/jb hold off

personally I have to hold off, I don't need an unlock now, but my carrier refuses to unlock phones even when the contract is up, and I am about to hop countries twice.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

If you are a 3G owner I would consider not upgrading to iOS4.

Don't get me wrong, i love the new features they added. But, performance post-upgrade is a very mixed bag, and you don't get nearly the same amount of benefits out of it that you would on a 3GS or a 4.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I agree, so far my upgrade to iOS 4.0 has been great. The only issue so far is that my pictures seem blurry and no longer hi res, but I may be able to fix that by deleting the pics and reimporting.

Comment

It does seem slower the 3.x on my 3g, not had a chance to try multitasking on it. (and yes, it is doable )
          3gs is in a holding pattern. my telco won't unlock the phones, even after you have finished the contract and own it. and as I am moving countries, I need that unlock (the jb itself, meh)
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I suppose the security updates are probably worth the upgrade, even on a 3G. However, apple has started to focus their development tools on the 3rd gen devices and higher, so i don't see a lot of developers taking the time to support 3G devices with 4.0 firmware.

On the third generation devices 4.0 is an impressive upgrade. Quite a boost of performance and it runs smooth as silk.

The funny thing is that i (finally) received my iPad on Monday and after having used 4.0 for a while I find myself missing quite a few of the new features.
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Everyone enjoying their design flaw enhanced two bar reception!?

Comment

hehe, I'm good, the 3g is only used at home on wifi for weather reports and skype calls
                oh and for installing android on

That said, apples 'first gen' bug strikes again
                Juu nin to iro

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama View Post
                  Everyone enjoying their design flaw enhanced two bar reception!?
                  This depends on the conductivity of the person holding it. I personally have had very little problems with that, although I can reproduce it if i really try to, just not with my normal grip.

That said... A lot of people are report that while they can reproduce this issue, it does not effect their ability to make calls...

Comment

Working...
                  X