Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe CS5

I must say it rocks!

It's faster than CS4, many bugs are fixed, more stable, more useful options...

I'm talking in the first place about Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.

What's your opinions?

Yeah, I got the Master Collection and it rocks!

Comment

You need to download Acrobat separately.

Comment

Just ordered the Student and Teacher version of the Master Collection. That's almost a reasonable price in the UK
        FT.

Comment

I know this thread is over a year old, but would any of you be willing to show your hardware specs (CPU, Mobo, Video card, Memory)? I know Adobe posts "minimum specs", but I'd like to know what kind of rigs end MURC-users of CS5 have been happy with.

Thank you.

Comment

I'm using CS 5.5 MC now, which comes with Acrobat and Audition 4.

I used it previously on my old dual core Opteron with 2GB of RAM and 8800 GT.
            Now I'm using it on Phenom X6 with 16GB of RAM, Asus M4A89GTD PRO USB3, GTX 460, SSD, Win7x64SP1.
            Also using it on i7-950 with 12GB of RAM, Asus Sabertooth X58, GTX460, SSD, Win7x64SP1.

Comment

Most important factors - memory, memory, memory, followed by quad core, scratch , OS, and Data files on separate disks - an SSD may make sense for scratch - not for the others. Then buy a GPU that supports the video processing at high speed if you are working with video/animation. Otherwise it really doesn't have much impact on 2D work.

Comment

Thank you.

Degrub, you mention OS, Scratch and Data all on separate drives. Would you RAID any of these? I mainly plan to work with Video (AVHDC) and some animation. I read elsewhere that AVHDC isn't necessarily demanding on drive access time, but rather more demanding of CPU/GPU power because the format is compressed...

Comment

try it without raid. Scratch is the only one to speed up - i would use an ssd if anything. Check around on using AV rated drives rather than std drives as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryH View Post
                    Degrub, you mention OS, Scratch and Data all on separate drives. Would you RAID any of these? I mainly plan to work with Video (AVHDC) and some animation. I read elsewhere that AVHDC isn't necessarily demanding on drive access time, but rather more demanding of CPU/GPU power because the format is compressed...
                    I don't use CS, but having these things on separate disks is just to allow the software to have independant access. So for sure don't put them together in one raid (if I understand your question correctly). Having it on separate disks allows for simultaneous access: it can write to the scratch disk WHILE reading the data disk for instance.

(it also makes sense to put your windows pagefile on a separate physical disk)
                    pixar
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by degrub View Post
                      an SSD may make sense for scratch - not for the others
                      I'm using SSD as system disk. OS and apps are running significantly faster with SSD.

Comment

Working...
                      X