Anyone running Win7 64bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running Win7 64bit?

What are your thoughts? I just installed it and it seems to be running nicely.

I had it running for quite some time on a media center pc (it still is on it, but I currently don't have physical access to the pc anymore ).
    It worked very nicely, and unlike Vista, it could cope properly with hybrid tuners (in Vista you needed to choose what type of tuner it was, in W7 it sees them as both and uses what it needs).

But being a more dedicated media pc, I didn't have much software installed on it... So maybe not very relevant to your question. It did go mostly to standby (to be able to record), and this never posed a problem.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Installed the RC 64bit when it came out, and its been running fine up until the last set of ATi drivers, where Batman crashes.
      But then again, I'm using hacked GeForce drivers so it could be the two cards running together...

Up until that point, no problems at all, very very pleased.

Peerguardian still won't work in 7 AFAIK, and I can't get Hardware Video acceleration like I can in XP.
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Been running Win7 64bit RC1 for a long time now. I absolutely love it.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I've been running Win7 Professional 64bit (retail package) for about a week now and it seems to be perfectly fine. It was a bit funky getting my printer to work but that might have something to do with the fact that the printer is actually connected to my Win2000SBS Machine so didn't have a driver etc on it.

Other than that, i can't fault it so far.
          ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Running it and quite happy. Printer not supported by HP yet so had to use Vista drivers.
            Had more quirks with Windows 7 32 bit.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I ran the RC 64bit since May and just installed WIN 7 Ultimate this week and no problems except one anoyance...
              I loose my video signal for a second every now and then when viewing the Internet or using desktop applications.
              It does this 2-3 times an evening but never while playing games.

I'm still using the older ATI 9.8 drivers for my 4890's in X fire. And I just purchased Avira AntiVir premium after
              using the free trial with the WIN 7 RC.
              Last edited by ALBPM; 8 November 2009, 12:18.
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Been running Win7 x64 RTM with Adobe CS4 from July. No problems with the OS, drivers, nor software.

Comment

I've also been running Windows 7 64-bit since May. Once I had a brief sound problem. I just uninstalled and re-installed and all was fine. The only surprise for me was I found the Kaspersky antivirus to be very flaky.

Comment

I am running win7 ultimate x64.. have been for a month. Everything seems to work, though I find networking to have changed to the point of me not being able to configure stuff right ( had to use a wizard for sharing a directory for my popcorn hour, as manual configuration did not work )
                    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

The choice of the type of network (home, work or public) is very important. Even if all other settings looks to be the same, there still appear to be differences...
                      I found that if you want to configure manually, the "work"-network option is the best one...

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Running 64-bit RC and then RTM since May on my X61 Tablet, no problems.

Comment

So I also installed Win7 64 bit with 8GB ram on a dual opteron system and all is good, like it alot better than Vista.

Comment

Working...
                          X