I've been here 10 Years this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been here 10 Years this month

I see that I jointed this board in September 1999. About the same time that I bought my Rainbow Runner video capture card and used a P200 with two large hard disks. Software on a 4.5G and capture on a 6.5 Gig. Boy have things changed over the past 10 years.
    Wouldn't like to hazard a guess what video editing will be like in 10 years time..
    paulw

I'll hazard one guess: that each camcorder maker will still have his unique codec. After many years of more or less common DV and interchangeable DV codecs, we now have a situation where there is total chaos in the market. I fear this will continue
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by paulw View Post
      I see that I jointed this board in September 1999. About the same time that I bought my Rainbow Runner video capture card and used a P200 with two large hard disks. Software on a 4.5G and capture on a 6.5 Gig. Boy have things changed over the past 10 years.
      Wouldn't like to hazard a guess what video editing will be like in 10 years time..
      it could be longer, I remember that we had some board crash or upgrade that forced us to re register.

edit:

The person(s) who coded the internet archive should be deeply ashamed, no support beyond basic static html
      Last edited by Technoid; 2 September 2009, 01:53.
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
        it could be longer, I remember that we had some board crash or upgrade that forced us to re register.
        I was here before 1999 (I think it was somewhere around 1994-1995), and didn't need to re-register. But my original join date was moved to 1999...

I understand Brian's feeling, but I think this is a pendulum motion: manufacturers try their own system, everything turns to chaos, and a standard emerges. And then it starts over again. As Brian said, we've had a time of relative standard, so in comes the chaos (but it will pass)

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I've been here since 1998... but my sig line says 1999.... 11 years is a fairly long time.
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Got my G200-TV in summer of 1998 and signed up then. Reregistered in Feb 2000.

Kevin

Comment

HOLY SMOKES you brought back memories...

I too was an early adopter of the Rainbow Runner on my G200 Mystique card editing on a Pentium 200 system, running Ulead Media Studio 2.0 (What a nightmare) Ulead 5.0 came out right after and it made things so much easier.

I remember the Doc and I were on the beta team with ungle Haigy, Ant was running the forum, there were only three DV codecs/formats... DVCPro, DV Cam and DV, life was good back then until HD was introduced. Now it's a chaotic mess of codecs!!!

Today I have an AXIO LE, RT.X2 and a MXO Mini, I use the AXIO mostly with Adobe CS4.

All I can say is those were the days

Comment

What the heck ever happened to Ant, anyway?

Kevin

Comment

And "This Idiot" a.k.a. Chris

Comment

What is this G200 of which you speak?

Geez, has it been 10 years already, thats a long time!

Comment

The G200 is the new advanced replacement for the Mystique 170

I found my way to this place trying to get my new Mystique 170 to play nice with an FIC mb I had then.
                      1997 - 1998?
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Ant dissapeared to me about 5 years ago, I got an icq about an interesting net based biz plan, and then zip.

I know he had some personal stuff going on as well that I won't discuss here.

His account is still active as admin, et al.
                        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq View Post
                          Ant dissapeared to me about 5 years ago, I got an icq about an interesting net based biz plan, and then zip.

I know he had some personal stuff going on as well that I won't discuss here.

His account is still active as admin, et al.

When did he last log on though?

I've also been here for many many years - Ah I miss the old days of thinking how amazing Mechwarrior 2 was on the Mystique Miss the old days of Matrox having stands at ECTS and CeBit too!

Comment

to answer your question
                            28th June 2004
                            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I was going to ask about Ant as well.
                              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Working...
                              X