Marvel/Samuel L. Jackson sign 9 picure deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel/Samuel L. Jackson sign 9 picure deal

Samuel L. Jackson has signed to playing Nick Fury in up to 9 films under the Marvel Entertainment banner.

Variety story....

Samuel Jackson joins 'Iron' cast

Actor signs long-term deal to play Nick Fury

By MICHAEL FLEMING

Samuel L. Jackson has buried the hatchet with Marvel Entertainment, making a deal to play the role of Nick Fury in "Iron Man 2," and potentially many other films.Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit the Shield. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include "Captain America," "Thor," "The Avengers" and "The Shield" as well as potential sequels.

Jackson introduced Fury in the closing moments of "Iron Man," when the character asked Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark to join his group. Fury is a natural to show up in multiple Marvel franchises, as he crosses paths with many Marvel superheroes in the comicbooks.
    Jackson's Marvel future looked murky, after he reportedly expressed his displeasure with the producer-financier's initial offer to reprise his role. Jackson was hardly alone: Even though "Iron Man" grossed more than $600 million worldwide, Marvel brass has been sparing in offers to talent like Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell to play villains in the sequel, sources said.

Jackson and his ICM reps have evidently cleared those dealmaking hurdles, and he will take part in the sequel that director Jon Favreau shoots in the spring, with Paramount Pictures distributing in summer 2010.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

9 films? that seems like a bit much to me.. Star Wars wasnt even 9 films...
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Are they going to change the character's name to Nick Mother F*cking Fury?
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

The scenario I read was that his Nick Fury will appear in 3 different Marvel franchises;

The SHIELD (2010)
        Thor (2010)
        The Avengers (2011)

Not counting cameo appearances in Iron Man 2, Captain America and other flicks in their upcoming feature list.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

You know... I have alot of respect for Samuel L. Jackson and Morgan Freeman!!

Awesome actors period!

Comment

Working...
          X