Australian Fires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Fires

Does anyone know of a legitimate website to donate to for the victims?
    www.lizziemorrison.com

How 'bout you donate to to the victims of the US depression?
    Donate to your own countryfolk.
    Our own people need help. You're not helping our economy by sending money overseas.

I got laid off 6 months ago, job market sucks, nobody's hiring, unemployment is running out. My kids need to eat too.
    Stop sending your money overseas, and help your own.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Are you saying I don't already donate to my own?

There is nothing wrong with helping people when they are in need, wherever they are in the world.

Yesterday I wrote a check out to the Indiana Police department for $20.00, and today $20.00 goes to Australian Fire Victims.
      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

And last time I checked this was an internationally used website.
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Right on, Lizzie, and hats off to you!

Maybe try the australian Red Cross?

And Kruzin, I'm not saying this to make your situation seem any less dramatic than it is (best wishes to you!), but there are people who've lost their homes, children, parents, and friends there, and Australia is a small country. Do you honestly think they don't deserve help?
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Lizzie,

The link that Az has given would be the best option for you to donate.

I can understand Kruzin's perspective (i think), but it is still nice to know that there are people willing to help (like yourself) in some way, regardless of how or how much.

Whilst i am not in the area's devastated by the fires, i do know people there.
            ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Thanks I did use the Australian Red Cross and donated $30. I know its not alot but I'm sure it will help a little.
              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Hey, i just realised something, US$30 is like AUS$45665441212345645E+13 at the moment given the exchange rate...

yes, i do tend to exaggerate on occassion.
                ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Delany, wishing you the best birthday you can have under the circumstances.

Well done Lizzie!
                  FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
                    How 'bout you donate to to the victims of the US depression?
                    Donate to your own countryfolk.
                    Our own people need help. You're not helping our economy by sending money overseas.

I got laid off 6 months ago, job market sucks, nobody's hiring, unemployment is running out. My kids need to eat too.
                    Stop sending your money overseas, and help your own.
                    Job market here is great. If you know how to turn on a computer here someone will hire you.
                    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Yeah red cross is good one for donating for this disaster..

Several whole towns have disappeared

Record heatwave and now a record fire/disaster

Comment

Liz, I'm sorry if my honesty offends you (which your heated PM indicated), but I do not apologize for my feelings in the matter.
                        Obviously you are a generous and caring person, but nevertheless, there are countless of your own countrymen that need help just as much. Families are losing their homes every day here too.

The fact that this is an international forum means nothing. I would not expect folks outside of the U.S. to be donating to our charities when their own people are in hard times.

In the times that we are prosperous, I have no objection to sharing that good fortune with others. (IMO) In the times our own people are suffering, those good intentions should be redirected to our own people.

Mehen-
                        Please tell me a good place (website) to look for jobs up there. I looked at the Craigslist postings for all of Winnipeg, and they are pretty sparse. Way fewer jobs listed there than here (although for every job listed here, there are literally hundreds of applicants).
                        I have much family in the Winnipeg area, and would not be opposed to the move, if it was a good enough job.
                        Last edited by Kruzin; 11 February 2009, 01:15.
                        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Theres still a great demand for qualified work, here in the EU (and Denmark in particular).

Still: 1/10.000 is getting laid off, every week.

Most are being reabsorbed quickly tho.

And we just had a ('nother) national help day, which raised 5$ pro capita for Africa. I think thats a record high? (if held in the US, that would amount to more than 1000.000.000 dollars).

The difference between rich and poor is soo high in this worl, that even an unemployed familly can spare a neglible amount (like 5$) and yet make a huge difference.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

I agree that the Red Cross is good for international donors.

Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer
                            (MODIS) on NASA's Aqua satellite.
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Kruzin - pm'd.
                              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
                              X